New Job Travel Coordinator In British Columbia
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Build Your Career at Aecon
Aecon is proud to build some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of this generation. From the roads and transit systems that connect our communities, to the communication networks that link us from coast-to-coast, and the water infrastructure that supplies our businesses and homes. Our integral work includes constructing the pipelines that join provinces with the energy that fuels the nation, and the airports and ports that connect us all. Aecon is there, safely and sustainably building the future.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our employees. We are always searching the globe for exceptional candidates to join the Aecon family and be a part of our forward-thinking, innovative, best-in-class organization!
Safe. Trusted. Respected. Aecon Civil is a market leader with a self-perform competitive advantage and core local strength in key markets. We’re proud of our work helping to expand and improve Canada’s infrastructure and transportation networks, and we’re ready to build the future of our country. With over a century of experience, and the ability to offer diverse, comprehensive services, Aecon is a preferred contractor for our clients. This includes numerous public entities and Public-Private Partnerships in Canada and abroad.
AFDE Partnership is a group of four construction companies building the Generating Station and Spillways (GSS) Civil Works portion of the Site C dam. The partnership consists of global and local leaders in complex infrastructure construction: Aecon, Flatiron, Dragados, and EBC.The partners bring a breadth of experience in dam and hydropower construction, combining their skills to deliver the project safely and to the highest quality standards.
Reporting to the Travel Manager, the Travel Coordinator will be a critical support in the coordination of employee and subcontractor travel, accommodations and onboarding. This position is eligible for a 14/7 rotation with flights and camp or Living Out Allowance provided.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Arranges commercial and/or charter flights and accommodation for personnel traveling to/from site per the project schedule
- Works closely with Human Resources department to book flights and accommodations for project new hires, can experience high weekly booking volumes when project demand requires
- Coordinates flight schedules and passenger movements
- Updates daily and/or weekly site manpower and turnaround schedules
- Researches and coordinates “best value” flight arrangements while adhering to and enforcing company travel policies
- Responds to broad spectrum of travel issues, delays and emergencies by email and telephone
- Assists with the preparation of travel report data and tracking
- Other duties as directed and required by the Travel and HR Manager
Knowledge and Skills
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a travel coordinator role, construction or project related travel experience an asset
- Team player with ability to work well under pressure and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) and ability to learn new Travel bookings software
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication with strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Flexibility and adaptability when dealing with travel delays or issues caused by weather, mechanical or other issues outside our control
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA Act during any step of the application process please click here.