New Job Strategic Marketing Coordinator - Market Planner Ii In Alberta
|Strategic Marketing Coordinator - Market Planner II
Strategic Marketing Coordinator - Market Planner II
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $82,984–$104,070 a year
Location : Alberta
Are you looking for an opportunity to have an impact on the City of Edmonton’s marketing strategies and retail programs for Community and Recreation Facilities? Then consider applying today as a Strategic Marketing Coordinator! Working in the Marketing and Sales Team, your primary objective is to manage store and sundry retail programs and increase attendance and revenue at the various recreation facilities and attractions throughout Edmonton.
Your success will be measured by your ability to achieve timely results in the context of a respectful, inclusive and service-minded style.
With a focus on the City of Edmonton’s Cultural Commitments to Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, you will:
- Research, plan, direct, coordinate and implement marketing plans and promotional strategies for various recreation facilities and attractions’ retail products and service portfolios
- Oversee the execution of retail marketing campaigns and new product introductions
- Supervise retail opportunities and merchandise sales at City of Edmonton Recreation Facilities and Attractions
- Source vendors and suppliers, establish product pricing and promotional strategies, and establish and monitor the inventory management system
- Engage and negotiate with partners and third parties in the development of new products and online development
- Establish sales targets and monitor and support staff in realizing these targets
- Establish and administer training programs related to sales, product knowledge and inventory management, including uniform inventory management.
- Secure and analyze market research data in support of the development and execution of facility marketing strategies
- Identify, consult and collaborate with various internal stakeholders including facility operations and program staff, business analysts, finance and communications in the development and execution of marketing strategies
- Prepare business cases supporting the evaluation, viability, and marketability of investing and/or reinvesting into various products, programs, services or promotions and current return on investment, budget and profit.
- Assist in the development and execution of growth strategies for the organization’s evolving marketing needs
- Contribute to ensuring the communication messages and promotional materials support marketing strategies
- Other related duties as required
- University Degree in Business Administration or Commerce preferably with a Marketing focus or related discipline
- 3 years of direct retail purchase and marketing experience, including product development and merchandise/retail management
- Knowledge of the accepted techniques and principles of product and services evaluation and of the methodologies involved in market research and analysis
- Experience with promotional campaign development and execution within a retail environment including boutique stores
- Thorough knowledge of market trends
- Working knowledge of internal inventory management systems and experience with online sales platforms
- Experience with RAMS is an asset
- Strong presentation skills and superior analytical abilities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a variety of facility staff and stakeholders
- Ability to analyze interrelated factors as it pertains to planning and market conditions
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing and work effectively with all levels of staff including management
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in the context of a respectful, inclusive and service-minded style
- Embrace the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, and foster an environment that encourages others to do the same
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver's licence (or provincial equivalent). Must arrange own transportation to be reimbursed in accordance with City of Edmonton policy. This may require business auto insurance
- Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton
- Applicants may be tested
- Demonstrate alignment with the Cultural Commitments of Safe, Helpful, Accountable, Integrated and Excellent, fostering an environment for others to do the same. For more information on the City’s Cultural Commitments, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
- Demonstrate the foundational competencies, key behaviours and attributes of the City’s six leadership competencies: Courage, Inclusivity, Values-Based Influencer, Collaborative Networker, Systems Thinker and Creative Innovator. For more information on the City’s leadership competencies, please visit edmonton.ca/our-culture
The City of Edmonton is committed to inclusive, respectful and equitable workplaces that represent the communities we serve. We continuously improve our systems, policies and practices to remove barriers and ensure our employees, in all their diversity, can succeed. We value applicants with a diverse range of skills, experiences and competencies and encourage you to apply. To learn more, see the Art of Inclusion: Our Diversity and Inclusion Framework here: https://bit.ly/3hd2d95.
The City of Edmonton strives to provide reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. If you would like to request an accommodation at any stage of the process, please contact [email protected]
COVID-19 Notice: The City of Edmonton has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.
For more information, please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy (bit.ly/3lKwb6j) and COVID-19 Vaccination Procedure (bit.ly/39BICMt)
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Up to 1 Permanent Position Available
Hours of Work: 33.75 hours per week
The weekly hours of work for this position are currently under review and may change at a future time. Any changes will be made in accordance with the City of Edmonton/Civic Service Union 52 collective agreement and the incumbent will be notified in advance.
Salary: $47.103 - $59.072 (Hourly); $82,983.710 - $104,070.100 (Annually)
Talent Acquisition Consultant: RD/SK