New Job Staff Accountant In Saskatchewan
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Division: Human Resources
Department: HR Operations
Term: 1 Temp Full Time position(s) available for approximately 12 months.
Closing Date: 01/18/2023
Labour Group: CUPE 59
Under the supervision of the Corporate Payroll Manager, this position coordinates, evaluates and maintains information related to the Payroll operations and systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares, or assists with the preparation of financial reports, reconciliations and analysis.
- Provides direction, as necessary, to ensure proper accounting processes are completed within the required time-lines.
- Ensures data is collected, retained and entered into the correct application and provides comparative analysis of financial information for budget control.
- Assists with the maintenance of records and reports in the accounting system; analyses actual costs and revenues; reconciles actual costs to estimates, and submits reports, as required.
- Assists with annual audits by preparing supporting documentation packages and answering inquiries from auditors.
- Assists with the preparation of operating budgets, provides analysis of actual results in comparison to budget, and provides annual comparative cost information as required.
- Participates in systems design and implementation and business process reviews, ensuring adequate internal controls are present.
- Assists with implementation of audit recommendations and identifies potential internal control risks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce or equivalent discipline.
- Three years’ experience in collecting, analyzing and reporting on statistical, financial and accounting information in an operational environment.
- Thorough knowledge of cost accounting and budget procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present accounting and financial reports.
- Ability to analyze business and technical requirements, processes and data, identify gaps and provide creative solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, including the preparation and presentation of complex reports.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of a computer using the Microsoft Office suite.
Weekly Hours: 36.67
Salary Range: $71,988.96 to $79,368.72 CAD per annum (2023 rates)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The City of Saskatoon offers an inclusive workplace that embraces diverse backgrounds. As an equity partner with the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC), the City commits to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplaces. By having our workforce reflect the community we serve, we support the realization of miyo-pimatisiwin, (me-o-pi-ma-ti-si-win) “the good life”, for all residents. To learn more about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the City, please visit Saskatoon.ca/diversity
The City of Saskatoon strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace for all, including throughout the application and selection process through reasonable access and accommodations. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please email [email protected].