New Job Rural Office Clerk (Janvier) In Alberta
|Rural Office Clerk (Janvier)|
Rural Office Clerk (Janvier)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $37.56 an hour
Location : Alberta
Requisition ID: 1505
Affiliation: CUPE Municipal
Position Type: Casual
Number of Openings: 1
Bi-weekly Working Hours: As Required
Department/ Branch: Indigenous and Rural Relations
Job Location: Janvier
Pay Level: PL5
Rate*: $ 37.56
COLA**: Bi-Weekly - $480
Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 15/01/2023
Posting Type: Internal and External
This position is required to work out of the rural community of Janvier, which is located approximately one hundred and twenty (120) kilometers south of Fort McMurray on Highway 881.
All CUPE job rates are currently under review and are subject to change.
**COLA (Cost of Living Allowance) amount listed is based on full-time hours, for casual/part-time positions COLA will be prorated based on hours worked.
Under close supervision and ongoing support, the Rural Office Clerk provides clerical and receptionist duties within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo’s rural community offices.
Provide clerical support and receptionist duties in the absence of a Coordinator.
- Promptly, accurately, and courteously respond to internal and external enquiries, record, and deliver messages.
- Receive and process payment for a variety of municipal services.
- Maintain a basic knowledge of municipal services and department functions.
- Provide phone, fax, and photocopying services relating to municipal matters.
- Perform general janitorial duties within the municipal office and common areas as required.
- Adhere to municipal confidentiality policies and cash handling procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Positive attitude and desire to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to deal courteously, tactfully, and effectively with a diverse range of people, sometimes in conflict situations.
- Must exercise confidentiality and discretion with client information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to enter and maintain data accurately.
- Knowledge in the operation of basic office equipment (computer, printer, calculator, cash register, electronic payment system, etc).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma, GED equivalent, or completion of Grade 10 is required.
- Two (2) years’ experience in an office environment is required.
- Experience is to include providing customer service to external customers.
- Ability to speak Cree or Dene, and Indigenous culture training are considered assets.
- Due to the work location, preference will be given to local rural candidates.
Ability to provide a Criminal Record Check for review and acceptance.
- A valid Class Five (5) Operator’s License is an asset.
- This is a front counter customer service position that often works alone within the assigned rural community.
- The position is primarily located in Janvier, but may cover any of the rural offices in Anzac or Conklin when needed (mileage covered).
As an employee of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, the incumbent is responsible for understanding and actively participating in the RMWB’s health and safety management system, including all policies, practices, procedures, as well as properly utilizing all control measures including the required use of personal protective equipment. All employees must take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of themselves and others, as well as immediately report any concerns, near misses, incidents, and hazardous conditions to their supervisor.
To apply: Please visit our website at jobs.rmwb.ca
Current employees must apply through the internal careers site.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted. Late applications will not be accepted.