New Job Regional Technical Service Manager In Saskatchewan
|Regional Technical Service Manager|
Regional Technical Service Manager
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a fulfilling work environment with a strong emphasis on the physical and psychological safety of our employees and the communities we operate in. We are always working to form the best team with an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion and through lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF Canada has been proudly recognized as one of Canada's & GTA’s Best 100 Employers in 2022 and for many consecutive years. We have also been recognized as Canada’s Safest Employer in Chemical Manufacturing for several consecutive years, in addition to receiving a Bronze medal for providing a Psychologically Safe workplace. Most recently, we were thrilled to be recognized as a Forbes 2022 Canada’s Best Employers for Diversity.
We invite you to join our best team on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Regional Technical Service Manager (2300021) – This role can be located within the Western Canadian Prairies.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
As the Regional Technical Manager you will be responsible for managing and leading a high performing team of Technical Service staff located within a specific geography. You will be accountable to the marketing functions for the technical support of assigned products. Through management of the Technical Service Specialists, you will provide marketing support by direct interaction with specific Crop Management units in the development and implementation of their annual business plans.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Set objectives and goals for the team that are consistent with the TD team and support achieving the strategic imperatives of AP Canada, keeping the development of the Technical Service team is a high priority.
- Support in developing mid to long-term portfolio strategies that focus on optimizing profitability for BASF.
- Identify growth opportunities, life cycle management responsibility (long range plan and post patent strategies) and providing customer need-based solutions.
- Lead technical research and demonstration projects that display the technical benefits of the BASF product lines.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- M.Sc. in Agriculture/Biology is preferred with an emphasis on crop science, weed science, agronomy, entomology, plant pathology or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relative field experience, with a demonstrated ability to recommend product positioning based on evaluating data and customer needs.
- Experience in working with growers, distribution/retail, universities, or consultants would be beneficial.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with audiences of varying backgrounds, as well as relate with key influencer contacts on market issues to develop joint strategies or processes with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to a wide variety of people and groups not reporting directly to the position and an ability to share knowledge and expertise with others. Actively participate on teams to solve problems or achieve team goals.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in various software programs, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word and skilled at development and delivery of presentations to both external and internal customers. Strong organizational and time management skills are also essential.
- Well-developed influencer relationships that foster partnerships on research projects, training curriculum development and implementation.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. [email protected] is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you – the whole you – in all stages of your life and career. With [email protected], you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career. We also provide engaging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your role. Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
BASF is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can be their authentic selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, place of origin, ethnic origin, colour, religion/creed, sex/pregnancy, marital status, family status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We seek to make our recruitment process accessible for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process, please contact [email protected] with the subject line “Recruitment Accommodation Request”. Privacy Statement
BASF takes security & data privacy very seriously. Will we never request personal or financial information of any kind via e-mail, private text message or direct message on any social media platform or job board. Furthermore, we will never offer a remote position and send a candidate a cheque for equipment or request any type of payment during the job application process. If you have experienced any of the above, please contact [email protected] to report fraud.