New Job Recreation Coordinator – 2023 Summer Ministry Team In Yukon
|Recreation Coordinator – 2023 Summer Ministry Team
Recreation Coordinator – 2023 Summer Ministry Team
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $17.50 an hour
Location : Yukon
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
Mission Statement The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Core Values The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
Develop and oversee all recreational activities for the summer camping season.
This is a fixed term position at 40 hours per week. There is one position available.
Start Date: May 1, 2023
End Date: August 25, 2023
- Plan all recreational activities for summer program, including sports, crafts, nature, etc.
- Ensure craft is of good quality for the camper to keep and want to take home.
- Coordinate the rotations of activities in conjunction with the Program Director.
- Ensure that all craft supplies are purchased and organized prior to camp starting.
- Give direction to those assisting with craft and recreational activities (sports, archery, nature, etc.).
- Keep the craft supply and working area tidy and organized.
- Coordinate craft with the Bible theme when possible.
- Be prepared for rainy day plans and coordinate them with the Program Director.
- Keep accurate records and reporting as required.
- Ensure that inventory of the equipment and supplies are noted at the beginning and end of camp, as well as monitored throughout the summer camping season.
- Inventory, label and store all activity equipment and supplies.
- Participate in camp cleanup at the end of each camp
- Be part of staff curfew enforcement - weeknight & weekend rotation
- Help plan and execute all evening programming.
- Ensure living accommodations are kept clean and tidy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Previous experience an asset.
- Be flexible and have a good disposition.
- Work within the total camp program and cooperate with other staff members.
- Perform any task beyond those assigned as required.
- Attend all staff devotions and meetings (unless excused by the DCYS’).
- Maintain a responsible level of maturity and leadership.
- Be familiar with Summer Staff Manual, and all procedures and resources.
- To be loyal to the aims, policies, and regulations of the camp.
- All staff are required to be in their private quarters by 11:00 pm each night.
The Salvation Army offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you are contacted to participate in an interview or screening process, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your supervisor of your intentions as soon as you know your application is being considered- normally at the stage where you are being interviewed.