New Job Principal In Northwest Territories
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Northwest Territories
Commission scolaire francophone, Territoires du Nord-Ouest
Commission Scolaire is seeking a positive, dynamic and experienced educational leader for the following position:
Principal - Ecolé Boréal
Start Date – August 19, 2023
Reference #: 23247
The principal is the key member of the regional educational leadership team focused on improving literacy (reading) and numeracy achievement results.
Commission Scolaire is committed to:
- student success and achievement (literacy, numeracy and social responsibility priorities)
- student-centered education
- promotion of French language & culture
- collaborative and empowering leadership
- staff and program development
- prior school leadership experience
- demonstrated excellence as a teacher and instructional leader;
- effective organizational and management skills;
- the understanding and ability to effectively develop a collegial learning environment and a collaborative workplace;
- demonstrated leadership in supervision of learning and the development of professional learning communities;
- a track record of professionalism, successful modeling and implementation of universal principles for working and learning together; and,
- a positive working relationship with all members of the school community.
Salary: dependent on qualifications - ranging from $84,669 to $136,6944 per annum, plus a very attractive benefits package including a Principal’s Allowance, a Northern Allowance of $5,282, and relocation expenses.
For more information, the NWT Teachers' Association Collective Agreement is online:
- cover letter, resume and names of at least 3 references (must include current supervisor),
- statement (1 page max.) outlining your educational/leadership philosophy
Commission scolaire francophone Territoires du Nord-Ouest
Telephone: (867) 873-6555
Fax: (867) 873-5644
Email: [email protected]
P.O. Box 1980
Yellowknife NT, NT, X0E 2P5
Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The successful applicants will be offered term positions of up to a maximum of five (5) years in accordance with the Education Act. Principals must also obtain a certificate of eligibility as Principal within two years of becoming a principal in the NWT [Ed Act, Section 65].
General Inquiries Only:
Hay River HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
209 62 WOODLAND DRIVE
HAY RIVER, NT X0E 1G1
Tel (867) 874-5085
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.