New Job Office Support Clerk Iii - Carnegie Community Centre In British Columbia
|Office Support Clerk III - Carnegie Community Centre|
Office Support Clerk III - Carnegie Community Centre
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $26.87–$31.56 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Requisition ID: 36049
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and Canada's Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Carnegie Community Centre, located in the Downtown Eastside, provides programing in cultural, recreational, arts and education programs for an ethnically and socially diverse population, including many who are homeless or on low fixed income. Reporting to the Office Coordinator, the Office Support Clerk is a frontline receptionist that provides clerical and administrative support services to the centre and its patrons. The successful candidate will require a sound knowledge of departmental practices & procedures and be proficient in using Microsoft Office suite.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Provide administrative support for programmers, use Publisher/ Word to create posters, flyers brochures, tickets, process minutes, book centre rooms, sign up patrons for out trips and create workshop presentations in PowerPoint.
Frontline reception, assist patrons with faxing, copying and providing information about agencies in the DTES and provides information to the general public regarding the centre's programs, regulations and procedures
Use Excel and SAP to process P2P related tasks
Online ordering of office supplies in SAP
Create and reconcile the Carnegie Kitchen catering receivables.
Maintains office records in manual and computerized files using VanDocs.
Assists in ensuring office equipment is maintained and repaired.
Provides back up for Office Support Clerk III (Payroll/Payables Clerk).
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, including or supplement by course in Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher, PowerPoint, SAP CATs, SAP Material Management Modules, and standard commercial subjects, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- At least two years of office related experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public, including difficult patrons, those with alcohol or drug dependencies and people of culturally diverse and economically disadvantaged.
- Knowledge of the programs, facilities and policy of the Centre would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the Downtown Eastside community and its services.
- Thorough knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Ability to operate a computer and a demonstrated working knowledge of a variety of software file management systems Outlook and VanDocs.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- SAP time entry and P2P training preferred.
- Accurate typing to at least 50 wpm.
- Must be available to flex hours to attend evening meetings on request.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of work with frequent interruptions.
- A Police Record Check clearance is a requirement of this position. A Clearance requires the absences of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
Where operationally appropriate and subject to change, the City of Vancouver has a Flexible Work Program. This program allows staff to work remotely 1 – 4 days a week from locations that are a daily commutable distance from their work at a City worksite. At this time this position is eligible to be part of the Flexible Work Program.
The City of Vancouver has a COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy. All external applicants applying to the City of Vancouver are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire and subject to this policy as a condition of ongoing employment. Candidates may only be exempted from this requirement if they request and are approved for an accommodation based on a reason related to a Human Rights Code ground (such as disability). Such a request must be made during, not after, the recruitment process.
Business Unit/Department: Arts, Culture and Community Services (1200)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: February, 2023
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $26.87 to $31.56 per hour
Application Close: January 15, 2023
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, 2SLGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx.. 5-10mins. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a tailored summary of skills and experience related to the position.