New Job Independent Contractor - Home Support In Alberta
|Independent Contractor - Home Support|
Independent Contractor - Home Support
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Catholic Social Services is currently looking to enter into a contractual agreement with Home Support service providers as part of our Home Support Program. Home Support providers are a vital part of this program, offering residential services in your own home to individuals with developmental disabilities with a focus on independence, well-being, and inclusion.
Please note, this is an independent sub-contractor role in which the individual would not be directly employed by the Agency but would sub-contract his/her services.
Positions available in Red Deer, Innisfail, Sylvan Lake and Lacombe
The key focus of this role is to give persons with developmental disabilities the opportunity to live in a private home that provides respect, dignity, comfort, and security. Through consideration of the person's unique strengths and needs, an Individual Service Plan will be developed. The person will be involved in this development, as well as goal setting. This position also requires support being provided with a focus on opportunities for growth and learning.
- Provide a stable, safe, and secure home environment where the individual is a member of the household with equal rights and responsibilities.
- Help the individual to develop self-esteem, self-confidence and independence.
- If needed monitor and encourage that medication is taken by the individual as prescribed by their doctor.
- Assist, with the individual and his/her support team in completing quarterly case reviews and month fire drills and provide coaching on what to do in the event of an emergency.
- Assist and encourage the individual to participate in social and leisure activities.
- Various administrative functions, including open communication with the Agency regarding changes that involve the individual being served.
- High school education
- First aid considered an asset
- Current vehicle registration and insurance with $2,000,000 liability
- Current home insurance with $2,000,000 liability
- Current and satisfactory driver's abstract
- Current vulnerable sector check from local RCMP or city police
- Current child intervention record check
What We Offer:.
A flat monthly rate for provision of room and board.
A monthly training allowance for continued professional development of the individual.
Work within a highly collaborative, team-oriented organization, where your ideas are heard, and you can see your impact daily.
Growth Opportunities: apply and grow your skills within a dynamic, innovative and expanding Agency that is taking a leadership role in our industry.
About Catholic Social Services:
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
Our values are at the core of everything we do!
Humility: We acknowledge with gratitude our human abilities and limitations. We demonstrate humility by doing the best that we can with the resources that we have.
Compassion: We respond to people in need with love. We demonstrate our compassion by caring for people without judgment and without condition.
Respect: We demonstrate our respect by being personally present, open and attentive to those we care for and by honouring their dignity and freedom.
How to apply:
Please apply online at www.cssalberta.ca/careers to competition #3105
For inquiries regarding this contract or for more information, please contact [email protected]
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity and people of faith or no faith.