New Job Fund Accountant, Private Equity In Nova Scotia
|Fund Accountant, Private Equity
Fund Accountant, Private Equity
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Nova Scotia
Fund Accountant, Private Equity
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 50 office locations worldwide. With more than $1.8 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients' needs.
For more information about Citco, please visit www.citco.com
About the Team & Business Line:
Fund Administration is Citco's core business, and our alternative asset and accounting service is one of the industry's most respected. Our continuous investment in learning and technology solutions means our people are equipped to deliver a seamless client experience.
As a core member of our Private Equity team, you will be working with some of the industry's most accomplished professionals to deliver award-winning services for complex fund structures that our clients can depend upon.
- You will prepare periodical financial reporting for the Private Equity Funds, including the determination of net asset value and prepare the Statement of Asset and Liabilities and Profit and Loss Statement.
- You will execute the financial control elements covering assets, liabilities, income and expenses, and equity.
- You will independently complete cash, portfolio and capital reconciliations and investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
- You will independently complete income and expense allocations including calculating asset based and performance fees.
- You will maintain contact with Investment Managers, Banks, Custodians and Brokers.
- You will monitor compliance with various client service agreements.
- You will assist with new client on boarding and new fund launches to successful completion.
- You will participate in the fiscal year end audit process and provide information to auditors as required.
- You will liaise with internal and external parties to ensure that client needs are met.
- You will assist with ad hoc projects.
- You have University degree in accounting, finance, economics or professional accounting designation (CFA, CGA, CMA, CA, CPA).
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and Outlook.
- You have proven ability to work in a challenging, professional, and fast-paced work environment.
- You have experience working in the financial industry or public accounting is an advantage.
Your well-being is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.
We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.