|Facility Youth Worker|
Facility Youth Worker
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Facility Youth Worker - HUM012233
Employment Type : Permanent Full-time
Location(s) : SK-Rgna-Regina
Ministry : 073 Corrections Policing and Public Safety
Salary Range : $28.118 - $35.239 Hourly
Grade : SGEU.08.
Do you like a challenge? Do you want a job with meaning? The Ministry of Corrections and Policing is looking for motivated and energetic individuals who have excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. If you have a positive work ethic and an interest in making a difference in the lives of others, this may be a career for you.
The Ministry of Corrections and Policing has an exciting career opportunity for a client service-oriented individual at the Paul Dojack Youth Centre as a Permanent Facility Youth Worker. The Paul Dojack Youth Centre is located in Regina and provides a developmental program for Secure and Open custody males and females ages 12-17.
As a Facility Youth Worker, you will:
- Provide developmental programing, care and custody for youth aged 12 to 17 years held under the provisions of The Youth Criminal Justice Act;
- Manage your own caseload of youth in custody and apply counseling methodologies targeting criminogenic factors and their relationship to human behaviour in order to reduce recidivism;
- Work closely with youth in custody who have various cultural and spiritual belief systems, cognitive deficits and gender differences;
- Work as a vital team member in a diverse and challenging environment;
- Contribute to the safety and security of Saskatchewan communities;
- Be honest, have integrity, and treat everyone with dignity and respect;
- Be committed to the pursuit of excellence, exhibit leadership and professionalism, embrace diversity and equality, and be responsible and accountable; and
- Be required to work shift work.
You will need:
- A university degree in the Social Sciences or a closely-related discipline; a diploma in Correctional Studies; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Knowledge of criminal justice processes, human behaviour, interpersonal communications, counseling, and case management;
- Successful completion of a nine-week Induction Training Program (ITP) will be required to maintain employment (Note: Prior to the commencement of ITP, candidates must have medical clearance to participate in the Corrections Worker Restraint Training);
- A valid/current Class A, First Aid CPR/AED certificate (must have no less than 12 months remaining), or a valid Class A, CPR/AED and First Aid (completed within three months of employment);
- A valid driver's license; and
- Successful Completion of COPAT (Correctional Officer Physical Abilities Testing) will be required for candidates not currently employed or having been employed at a Correctional Center or Young Offender Facility within the previous 24 months.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work in a professional, respectful environment;
- Competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension plan;
- Vacation and earned days off (EDO);
- Inclusive work environments; and
- Ongoing training and development.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Hours of Work : C - SGEU Regulated 37.33 - one day off every three weeks
Number of Openings : 1
Closing Date: Jan 24, 2023, 11:59:00 PM