New Job Customer Service Team Leader In British Columbia
|Customer Service Team Leader|
Customer Service Team Leader
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $26.82 an hour
Location : British Columbia
City of Port Coquitlam
Customer Service Team Leader
(Full Time, Time Stated)
Job ID J0123-0372
Organization: City of Port Coquitlam
Job Title: 22-162e - Customer Service Team Leader (Full Time, Time Stated)
Job Type: Time stated Full Time
Location: Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam’s Recreation Department is looking for a positive, self-motivated and energetic professional to provide direct support and leadership to the City’s customer service team in our recreation facilities. The incumbent, in collaboration with their supervisor, will provide leadership, supervision, support, feedback and assistance to Customer Service Attendants and other facility staff as required.
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provides direct assistance to patrons of the facility as required
- Assists staff with responding to inquiries and provides factual information and assistance to the public regarding programs and services in person and through a variety of media
- Provides shift supervision and assists with ensuring appropriate staffing levels for the delivery of customer service, including registration of customers in programs and in the processing of sales and records related to transactions, tenders and shift coverage
- Monitors and ensures accurate completion of daily cash reports and bank deposits ensuring that staff completes designated tasks as established by departmental procedures and guidelines
- Prepares and reconciles cash reports and bank deposits
- Represents the City and the Department in a positive, professional and customer friendly manner
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Successful completion of Grade 12 including courses in customer service, supervisory skills and conflict resolution
- One year of experience providing front line customer service including experience in retail transactions and working as a supervisor
- Experience with cash handling, point of sale systems or completion of a bookkeeping course
- Strong computer skills including previous experience using a registration software such as ActiveNet
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level “C”/Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Why should you consider working for us?
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- We care deeply about our community
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace
The terms and conditions of employment for this full-time position are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement. The 2022 hourly rate of pay is $26.82 and includes a comprehensive benefit package upon successful completion of a four-month probationary period. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online by Friday, January 20, 2023 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number 22-162e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. All new employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an accepted exemption under the BC Human Rights Code. The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.
To apply click on the link below:
Education : Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience : 1 year to less than 2 years