New Job Clerk B - Bilingual Customer Service Representative In Manitoba
|Clerk B - Bilingual Customer Service Representative|
Clerk B - Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general supervision of the Manager, the Bilingual Customer Service Representative provides in-person assistance and information to citizens on City of Winnipeg services, processes, requests for service, responds to email enquiries, and performs cashier functions by processing and balancing payments related to various City services through a computerized cashiering system. The Bilingual Customer Service Representative will also be responsible for dealing with issues and individuals requiring an escalated response, respond to incoming emails and mail, and perform other related duties as assigned.
As the Clerk B - Bilingual Customer Service Representative you will:
- Receive in-person payments from citizens for utility bills, property taxes, licenses and permits and other miscellaneous City charges.
- Accurately process payments through the computerized cashiering systems and provides receipt to citizen.
- Assist in balancing daily receipts, preparing cash deposit and maintaining cash float.
- Search and correct errors if payments and receipts do not balance.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and ensure their accuracy.
- Refer or transfer customers to other appropriate City Departments, our partners or outside agencies.
- Receive and respond to incoming telephone calls, mail and email, resolving issues with customers when needed.
- Respond to complex inquiries requiring further research, follow-up or interpretation of issues.
- Document significantly rude or difficult customer interactions, consistent with policy and informs the Manager of reoccurring calls or in-person interactions that are problematic in nature, either in content or as related to the client.
Your education and qualifications include:
- High school graduation or equivalent, supplemented by additional customer service related training.
- Previous experience providing excellent customer service by demonstrating a genuine respect for people, their concerns, feelings, and well-being.
- Proven ability to consistently meet or exceed quality assurance standards.
- Ability to deal with all types of customers and situations, including irate customers and escalated calls, with professionalism and courteousness.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, maintain composure, listen effectively, and speak calmly and professionally.
- Ability to gather pertinent information, research, resolve problems, and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective respectful working relationships with staff at all levels, and to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to deal effectively with detailed work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with respect to dealing with sensitive information and employee performance.
- Ability to multi-task is mandatory.
- Ability to continually learn new technology and processes is required.
- Ability to organize, prioritize multiple demands, and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent reading and comprehension skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing in both official languages (English and French).
- Strong computer skills, with the ability to navigate between a variety of systems simultaneously.
- Good working knowledge of the structure, function, and services of City Departments.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate at their expense.
- Must be bilingual in both official languages (English and French), in both verbal and written communication skills.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented