New Job Awcc Aircraft Logistics In Alberta
|AWCC Aircraft Logistics|
AWCC Aircraft Logistics
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $23.86–$29.15 an hour
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 37360
Ministry: Forestry, Parks and Tourism
Full or Part-Time: Wage
Regular/Temporary: Temporary wages
Closing Date: January 31, 2023
Classification: Administrative Support 4
The Wildfire Management Branch inspires public confidence in wildfire and forest management, sustaining operations and preventative practices, and leading collaboration that enables safe and resilient communities. For more information about the Wildfire Management Branch:
The Alberta Wildfire Coordination Centre (AWCC), located in Edmonton, works with the 10 Fire Centres in the Province to coordinate suppression and pre-suppression efforts. The AWCC is open 7 days a week during the peak fire season to assist the forest areas and has a team of seasonal and full-time staff that facilitate wildfire operations across the province.
Do you want to be a key part in the AWCC and have what it takes to perform the following tasks?
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with consistently changing priorities and high level of multi-tasking
- Communicate accurately and efficiently within a team environment
- Intake and document information received through multiple mediums such as phone calls, emails, and face to face conversations
- Available to work through evenings, weekends, and possible overnight shifts
As an integral member of the AWCC, you are prepared to:
- Be flexible regarding ongoing changes in responsibilities, assignments, and corporate structures.
- Keep current on emerging issues.
- Take in-house training and certification as required.
- Work extended hours, including weekends, and be on standby with a limited notice in accordance with the preparedness plan.
- Travel and, at times, overnight in remote locations where accommodations may vary as required.
- Participate in ICS positions as assigned.
- Perform under adverse or stressful conditions, including smoke, extreme heat, and mountainous terrain in remote and isolated conditions.
Do you thrive in fast-paced environments with diverse priorities and high levels of multi-tasking? Are you passionate about effective and accurate coordination? If this resonates, this may be the position for you!
Operating out of the Alberta Wildfire Coordination Centre (AWCC), the AWCC Aircraft Logistics works closely with the Provincial Aircraft Coordinator to process provincial, national, and international requests for helicopters and fixed wing aircraft. In addition, they work with the 10 Forest Areas to acknowledge Airtanker requests, hire and release aircraft, complete data entry accurately, and gather information for statistical purposes.
AWCC Aircraft Logistics fill a vital, technical role that involves:
- Coordinating the provincial, national, and international dispatch of aircraft resources.
- Working with the Provincial Aircraft Coordinator and Forest Areas to ensure communication is distributed and received in a timely manner applicable to the dispatch of resources.
- Working with the Provincial Aircraft Coordinator and Forest Areas to ensure Airtanker requests are actioned in an efficient manner.
- Ensuring all communication and data entry is completed accurately with close attention to detail.
- Acquiring resources as necessary from lending agencies and completing data entry and communications applicable to those agencies.
- Maintaining and updating data entry for managing aircraft contracts.
- Actively troubleshoot aircraft tracking issues.
- Dispatch aviation fuel and refueling containers as required.
- Maintain regular communication with aircraft companies to hire and release aircraft.
- General reporting and gathering of statistical aircraft and equipment information.
- Answer incoming phone calls on the AWCC and 310-FIRE phone lines. Direct calls to the appropriate person and/or provide appropriate information to the caller.
- Working with AWCC Logistics for the coordination of fixed wing aircraft as it pertains to transporting people.
- Be available for export to other Forest Areas and/or out of province, and assisting in completing the duties as outlined in AWCC Support and AWCC Logistics when those staff are not available.
The minimum requirements for this role are a high school diploma plus with two (2) years of related experience (i.e. 24-months). Candidates must be 18 years of age or older.
Directly related experience and or education is considered on a one-for-one basis.
- Demonstrated organization, multi-tasking, and planning skills to distribute communications and timely dispatch of resources
- Experience coordinating amongst various stakeholder groups, such as government and other aviation clients to maintain regular reporting
- Experience adapting to changing priorities and learning new procedures, processes and software, such as the Wildfire Management software
- Valid First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Valid Defensive Driving Certificate
- Current Driver’s Abstract - A Driver’s Abstract, showing a record of seven (7) demerits or less. Your driver’s abstract is required to be obtained and presented to management prior to your commencement.
- Completion of a Par-Q and/ or fitness test
- Experience using Wildfire Management software: Fire Information Resource System (FIRES) and Dispatch
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, and or other applications
- Knowledge of the Wildfire Management program, policies, and standard operating procedures
- Certificate of Proficiency in Radio (Aeronautical) from Industry Canada.
- Knowledge of aircraft equipment capabilities and manpower resources used in wildfire suppression
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
This link will assist you with understanding competencies:
About Your Competencies:
- Agility - Ability to anticipate, assess, and readily adapt to changing priorities, manage resilience in times of uncertainty and effectively work in a changing environment.
- Drive for Results - Knowing what outcomes are important and maximizing resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization, while maintaining accountability to each other and external stakeholders.
- Develop Self and Others - A commitment to lifelong learning and the desire to invest in the development of the long-term capability of yourself and others.
- Build Collaborative Environments - Leads and contributes to the conditions and environments that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve outcomes.
- Develop Networks - Proactively building networks, connecting, and building trust in relationships with different stakeholders.
- Systems Thinking - You consistently take a holistic and long-term view of challenges and opportunities at multiple levels across related areas.
- Creative Problem Solving - Ability to assess options and implications in new ways to achieve outcomes and solutions
$23.86 to $29.15 per hour
This requisition is recruiting for seasonal wage AWCC Aircraft Logistics positions that work rotational shifts, with 7.25 hour workday, up to approximately 36.25 hours per week. Evening, weekend, and holiday shifts are required. Overnight shifts may be required.
The estimated commencement date for these positions are in April, with estimated employment end dates ranging from August to October.
What We Offer:
Wage employees receive 11.2% in addition to regular wage earnings in lieu of paid holidays and vacation leave:
- 5.2 % of regular wage earnings instead of paid holidays
- 6 % of regular wage earnings instead of annual vacation pay
Include terms of employment (i.e. Month/Year) in time-spans on your resume, detailing applicable duties and achievements for each role listed.
Those selected for an interview are requested to bring three work-related references.
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Carris Leece at (780) 427-6807 or e-mail: [email protected]. If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check