New Job Agent, Credit Management In Manitoba
|Agent, Credit Management|
Agent, Credit Management
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Job Requisition Id: 164348
Business Function: Finance
Primary City: Winnipeg
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Language Requirement: Bilingual Imperative (BBCC)
Employee Class and Level: UPCEA05
Number of Vacancies: 1
Recruiter’s name: Andrea Cecchini
Position Reports To: ERIK THIBEAULT
Area of Competition: Employees of the Canada Post Corporation in the Winnipeg area who are members of the Public Service Alliance of Canada.
Posting Date: 01/22/2023
Closing Date: 02/06/2023
The Agent is responsible for all activities and issues relating to remittance processing of the small and medium commercial customer accounts. This includes managing accounts, collecting overdue balances, gathering and processing remittance documents, analyzing information collected, discussing account issues with customers and other CPC contacts, and makes any necessary adjustments. Ensures protection of corporate assets and minimizes the risk and exposure to the Corporation while maintaining customer satisfaction.
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Agent, Credit Management:
1. Administers and maintains small and medium commercial customer accounts to ensure that there are no overdue balances. Educates customers on contract credit and payment terms and processes. Investigates and determines the root cause of any discrepancies.
2. Establishes and maintains a co-operative and effective one on one relationship with large volume commercial customers. Acts as the main point of contact for billing, invoicing, and account settlement issues. Manages the liaison with other departments to assist in resolving issues with the mail affecting customer accounts.
3. Gathers and processes readily available information following pre-established guidelines. Prepares and distributes various activity status reports and adjustments resulting from analysis of specific accounts. Updates customer notes for all adjustments.
4. Establishes an effective working relationship with the commercial customers, exercises effective customer service, conflict management and influence customers when dealing with discrepancies.
5. Liaises on regular basis with commercial customers in the exchange of information regarding account balance and recent activity. Discusses and recommends various payment options, occasionally negotiates repayment schedule, flags potential risks and advises credit department.
6. Responsibility to performs collection of high risk or past due accounts. Monitors and identifies risk indicators, requests payment from customer and forwards possible collection risk or bad debt situations.
Job Responsibilities (continued)
7. Exercises judgment in enforcing the credit and collection policies and procedures with customers in order to maintain an acceptable balance between two corporate objectives: increasing cash flow to the Corporation and increasing the Customer Satisfaction Index.
8. Working knowledge of various corporate menu driven systems as well as various corporate software packages. Ability to create letters, memos, reports, spreadsheets, charts and presentation material as needed. All inbound Customer communication must be documented in CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
9. Maintains up-to-date knowledge on CPC product lines and invoicing terms and standards. Ensures availability of all new information to educate and inform co-workers and external customers on following subjects:
Billing and Deposit Credit Terms
Products/services specifications, rating and delivery standards
Billing processes, including Invoicing and statement of account and source document
Corporate policies and account management procedures
Completion of secondary school according to provincial standards or equivalent (GED) is required, AND
Completion of post-secondary (College/University) course (s) in a related field is required.
3 years of related work experience is required.
Other Candidate Requirements
Knowledge of accounting concepts including income statements and balance sheets, accounting systems and procedures.
Working knowledge of credit and billing policies and practices.
Conversant with customer service communication fundamentals.
Knowledge of the FI/SD module of SAP and CRM, an asset.
Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as they apply to revenue and Accounts Receivable, as asset.
Knowledge of CPC credit and billing policies as well as working knowledge of complex Accounts Receivables systems and Procedures to provide efficient and accurate service, an asset.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post will represent Canada’s diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous People, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Disability is defined as a persistent or episodic physical, sensory, or mental health condition and/or functional limitation. Disability includes both visible and hidden conditions and/or limitations that may impact vision, hearing, mobility, flexibility, dexterity, pain, learning, developmental, mental/psychological, and memory.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds themselves and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
We value diversity as an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.