New Job Administrative Assistant Nor 22143 In Nova Scotia
|Administrative Assistant NOR 22143|
Administrative Assistant NOR 22143
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $41,516–$46,451 a year
Location : Nova Scotia
Location: Truro, Nova Scotia
Type of Employment: Full Time, 1 Year Term
Union Status: Non-Union (Excluded)
Competition # NOR 22143
Closing Date: January 20, 2023
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency (NSPHA) is the provincial government agency responsible for the administration and delivery of affordable housing solutions for low-income Nova Scotians.
We contribute to the prosperity of Nova Scotia by helping individuals and families find a home that’s right for them, at a price they can afford, in a healthy and vibrant community that offers the services, supports and opportunities they need. We accomplish this by working closely with other levels of government as well as private and community partners.
Across its districts, NSPHA provides more than 11,200 safe, affordable homes as part of its Housing Services to seniors and families. District offices manage the day-to-day operations of Nova Scotia’s housing stock. Their responsibilities include administering tenant applications and placements, collecting rent, resolving tenant issues, and maintaining and repairing properties.
About Our Opportunity
Under the direction of the Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing confidential administrative and clerical support services to the District Director and the NSPHA Board. The Administrative Assistant works under minimal direction with a good knowledge of office practices and procedures and a comprehensive knowledge of divisional functions.
Performs a wide range of moderately complex secretarial and office support duties for Director and senior managers.
- Support the day-to-day operational management of the office by serving as a resource for the Director and staff.
- Prepare routine and non-routine correspondence, memos, reports etc. on behalf of the Director. Assess and assign priority to mail and e-mail, redirecting and/or answering as appropriate.
- Coordinate and control the Director's electronic calendar and arrange meetings and travel accommodations. Prepare agendas, and accurate minutes/notes, ensuring decisions are recorded.
- Maintain filing and retrieval systems, keeping manuals and reference materials current and you maintain a log of FOIPOP requests and an efficient bring forward system for the Director to ensure that reporting and other deadlines are followed up and met.
- Receive telephone calls and inquiries to the Director, often of a sensitive nature, from clients, media, other departments, etc. and respond to routine inquiries, and to walk-in visits from clients and address or escalate issues as appropriate.
- Assist in preparations and activities for events, such as employee engagement activities, long service award presentations, etc.
- Act as resource for all staff on issues relating to policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or Secretarial Program, plus three years’ related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of a variety of computer software programs.
- Excellent MS Office knowledge including Microsoft Office PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to set priorities.
- High degree of proficiency along with the ability to efficiently perform mathematical calculations and complete travel/expense claim reports.
- You have knowledge of Yardi Property Management software.
Competencies required at this level of work are Positive Mindset, Client Orientation, Effective Interactive Communication, Attention to Detail and Information Seeking.
If you are a team player, who is passionate about improving the lives of Nova Scotians, you are the candidate we are looking for to join our team. We will assess qualifications using one of more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks. Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer.
Checks may include one or more of the following: criminal background checks, driver’s abstract, and confirmation of education credentials.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status, eligibility and union agreement, NSPHA offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs and flexible working schedules.
Classification: CL 18
Salary Range: $41,516.07 – $46,450.90 Annually
Work Week: 35 hours
Note: This is not a Civil Service position.
We are committed to employing staff who are representative of the diverse community we serve.If you are a member of one or more of the following designated groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document when applying. In the cover letter or resume, please quote the competition number and name.
Our preferred method of applying is through Career Beacon.
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $41,516.07-$46,450.90 per year
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Truro, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location