New Job Temporary Labourer (Stores) In Ontario
|Temporary Labourer (Stores)|
Temporary Labourer (Stores)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $24.52 an hour
Location : Ontario
Temporary Labourer (Stores)
(Temporary Full-Time for approximately 3 months)
December 13, 2022
December 20, 2022
The City of Kitchener is a vibrant and dynamic city of approximately 260,000, in the heart of southwestern Ontario. As the largest municipality in Waterloo Region, Kitchener continues to be poised for development and growth, enhancing its reputation as a leader in city-building and innovation, with nationally recognized strategies to build its neighbourhoods, its digital infrastructure and its diverse economy.
The City of Kitchener is WHERE you want to work! Learn more about the top reasons to join us:
Why work at the City of Kitchener
As a member of a team that provides a key service and materials to every role across the city this role is critical to helping our Fleet team obtain parts on the midnight shift to ensure an efficient start to the day ahead.
Your mechanical experience and ability to creatively research and source parts will ensure your success as you provide both inventory parts off the shelves as well as identifying, sourcing and purchasing any non-inventory parts that fleet may require. When not helping our Fleet team with their requirements you will be working hard to pick orders for the next day, maintain accurate inventory levels and locations, follow-up on requests that have not yet arrived as well as many other inventory and warehouse duties as required.
As part of your normal daily effort you will draw upon your previous experience with a ERP/MRP system and your general excel knowledge to ensure that our record keeping stays up-to-date while you provide continue to provide excellent customer service to all those across the city that count on stores to be able to complete their tasks.
If you are someone that is passionate about working with a dedicated team, customer service, problem solving and continuous improvement this may be the role for you.
- Sources non-inventory parts utilizing a combination of customer request information, electronic (internet) searches and supplier provided written materials.
- Orders, receives, and verifies shipments of both inventory and non-inventory supplies, equipment, tools and parts while ensuring that minimum stock levels are maintained and appropriate for current demand patterns.
- Utilizes existing supplier contracts for inventory part purchases while making efforts to reduce lead times and cost for non-contract purchases.
- Makes arrangements for the return of damaged goods or those that do not conform to purchase specifications.
- Issues inventory to user groups using the SAP inventory system.
- Distributes stock and parts at the counter, in the warehouse, throughout the operations centre, and in the outside compound.
- Receives orders from private contractors, assembles required stock, and issues water heaters for City contracts, and documents through work orders.
- Maintains current Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for any inventory, as required and distributes to user department if needed.
- Schedules and arranges shipments locally and throughout North America.
- Places stock in assigned locations, performs perpetual inventory checks (cycle counting) as directed and investigates stock discrepancies (including participation in annual physical inventory).
- Performs counter and related duties as directed.
- Helps maintain stores area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must have a minimum Grade 12 diploma, or successful GATB (General Aptitude Test Battery) and successful basic part identification testing (provided during interview process).
- Must be a customer service focused individual who is always looking for ways to help reduce cycle times while assisting staff across the city as well as their team members within stores.
- Must have a minimum of two years stores/stockroom/ inventory experience preferably in automotive parts, natural gas parts, water utility parts, hand tools and/ or safety supplies.
- Must have a valid MTO class "G" driver's license in good standing.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and be willing to obtain certification within 6 months.
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision and have a customer service focused attitude.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. using material handling equipment, as required.
- Must have computer based inventory experience.
- Must be willing to accept periodic transfers to other shifts.
- Must have moderate MS-Office (excel) knowledge.
Preference will be given to those with:
- Applicants who have experience using SAP purchasing/inventory module.
The City of Kitchener is committed to an equity-driven, inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and to ensuring our workforce reflects the full diversity of the community we serve. We welcome applications from Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ persons, as well as other equity deserving groups.
We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] , or 519-741-2200 ext. 7261 to make your needs known, so that we can support your full and equal participation throughout the hiring process.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants. Only candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Please note that as per Human Resources Policy HUM-HIR- 110, "Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials":
"The immediate relatives of staff of the Human Resources Division, all Directors, General Managers , or the Chief Administrative Officer and Elected Officials shall not be employed by the City in any capacity.
The immediate relatives of all other Management personnel shall not be employed where such employment would be:
1. within the same Department in the case of permanent full-time, temporary full -time and part-time classifications.
2. within the same Division in the case of students."
Number of Positions
Hours of Work
11pm – 7am (MIDNIGHT shift) - 40 hours per week
Kitchener Operations Facility
$24.52 (January 1, 2023 rate)