New Job Manager, Investment In Quebec
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Regular Full Time
We are currently looking for a Manager, Investment to join our team in Montreal.
Join a dynamic, fast-growing firm offering competitive salaries, benefits, and a strong focus on employee well-being.
What’s in it for you:
- Hybrid work formula
- Competitive salary
- Full range of benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
- 2 to 3 weeks paid vacation, according to experience
- 8 personal days
- Office closure during the holiday period
- Summer schedule (office closes at 1 pm on Fridays)
- Reimbursement for parking or public transport
- Manage a portfolio of private clients with a significant concentration in investments, trusts and estates and a limited number of operating companies.
- Serve as the primary contact person for the clients.
- Maintain good relations with clients and effectively communicate with government agencies, client’s trusted advisors (banks, brokers, lawyers), our partners and your team
- Identify and analyze client needs regarding accounting and fiscal matters. Advise clients on planning opportunities and tax strategies and practical business advice.
- Lead client mandates by managing the overall planning and work volume for the fiscal year end accounting and taxation.
- Coordinate, supervise and provide training for your team in the preparation of financial information and tax returns
- Completion of financial information and tax returns in accordance with Firm standards
- Review personal and trust tax returns and partnership information returns (T1, T3 and T5013)
- Prepare and deliver proposals to clients for services offered by the firm.
- Demonstrate leadership and evaluate the performance of staff members
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce with a major in Accounting and Taxation (CPA designation an asset)
- Expertise with investment companies, understand alternative investment vehicles and their appropriate accounting and tax implications
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in a small or medium accounting firm
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience reviewing and supervising working paper files and tax returns (personal and corporate) prepared by others
- Preparation and review Trust and partnership returns is an asset
- Prior experience working with accounting software (Sage 50, QuickBooks desktop and Online, Writeup, Caseware, Caseview, Taxprep and others)
- Detail oriented, conscientious and resourceful
- Solid verbal and written communication skills (French and English)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in teams effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
We maintain an inclusive and equal opportunity working environment so that every Crowe BGK professional can fulfill their evolving potential. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran's status or any other legally-protected factors.
We thank all candidates for their interest and we will only be contacting those that we are interested in pursuing.