New Job Maintenanceperson Ex22-1423 In Ontario
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $28.16 an hour
Location : Ontario
Posting date: December 13, 2022
Job Title: Maintenanceperson
Number of Vacancies: 1
Posting number: EX22-1423
Status: Limited position
Estimated Probable Duration: Until April 28, 2023
Should there be no fully qualified candidate for this position, a less qualified candidate who can be expected to meet the required qualifications within a reasonable period may be considered for this position as a training/development opportunity.
Hours of Work: 80 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes (shift work may be required)
Rate of Pay: $29.64 per hour
(Training Opportunity rate of pay is $28.16 per hour. The successful candidate will be paid at the reduced rate until the minimum qualifications have been met.)
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: Frobisher (CityWide)
Section: Roads Operations
Division: Linear Infrastructure Services
Department: Growth and Infrastructure
Duties: Under the supervision of a Citywide Superintendent, with the day-to-day direction of a Sub-Foreperson (Maintenance):
1. Construct and maintain facilities within the Section.
2. Supervise up to two (2) persons in the performance of routine duties.
3. Deliver equipment, supplies and materials required for maintenance and construction work.
4. Report conditions of Facilities to Supervisor when damage or vandalism is observed.
5. Assist in the inspection of damaged or deteriorated buildings or structures to determine extent of repairs required.
6. Carry out any necessary preparatory work including excavation and removal of material to facilitate repairs or construction.
7. Repair and maintain buildings, bridges, partitions, guide rails, fencing, stairways, walls and counters.
8. Assist in the construction of new facilities or revision to existing facilities.
9. Form and construct concrete structures.
10. Operate power and hand tools.
11. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS's Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Three (3) years of work experience involving the utilization of at least one (1) construction trade such as carpentry, plumbing or electricity and a knowledge of tools and materials used in a mechanical trade.
- Ability to work without direct supervision on many occasions.
- Ability to read and interpret basic plans and blueprints.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, and have an acceptable driving record.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX22-1423 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division, by e-mail at [email protected] or fax at 705-688-3979, for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 21, 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position, please visit our How to Apply section.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City's mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury has launched a survey to understand what prospective employees are looking for from an employer. Please take a few minutes to provide us with your input. Your responses will be anonymous. Thank you in advance for your participation in the survey!
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining an equitable, inclusive, diverse and accessible work environment. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. To find out if you’re eligible and for more information, visit our Applicants Living Outside of Canada web page. If you received your education from an educational institution outside of Canada, a copy of your Word Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) document is required, along with your credentials. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.