New Job Library Service Assistant 1/2 Osbn03 In Manitoba
|Library Service Assistant 1/2 OSBN03|
Library Service Assistant 1/2 OSBN03
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
As part of the library team, you will interact with customers of all ages to help create a positive and welcoming library experience for all. Your primary responsibilities will be assisting customers with memberships and accounts as well as physical library materials.
As the Circulation Assistant, you will:
- Check in and check out library materials at the public desk and responds to patron questions and concerns in-person and by phone.
- Register, update, and renew library memberships.
- Assess, collect, and record fees for patron records.
- Handle and process requests and Holds for the public.
- Ensure reports for patron requests are processed and completed on a daily basis.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of daily cash and bank deposits as assigned.
- Share responsibility for the physical processing and maintenance of library materials and the handling of items removed from the collection.
- Ensure materials are sent through the delivery system in a correct and timely manner.
- Maintain library equipment needed for the work of the section.
- Ensure materials are sorted on carts for shelving.
- Shelve materials and maintain shelves in order as assigned.
- Assist in training circulations staff as assigned.
- Perform other duties consistent with the classification as assigned.
Your education and qualifications include:
- High school graduation or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Successful completion of a Library Technician program an asset.
- Previous work experience with the public an asset.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public in a variety of situations.
- Ability to work with other staff as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate library equipment.
- Keyboarding skills an asset.
- Ability to handle cash accurately.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check (Vulnerable Sector) Satisfactory to the employer will be required from the applicant(s) or successful candidates(s), at their expense. To obtain a Police Information Check please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position (i.e. Must be able to lift boxes and equipment weighing 20-25 pounds, and set up tables and chairs in meeting rooms).
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented