New Job Content Writer, Corporate Communications / Rédacteur Ou Rédactrice De Contenu, Communications Institutionnelles In British Columbia
|Content Writer, Corporate Communications / Rédacteur ou rédactrice de contenu, Communications institutionnelles|
Content Writer, Corporate Communications / Rédacteur ou rédactrice de contenu, Communications institutionnelles
Company : Destination Canada
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Make your mark at Destination Canada as our Content Writer, Corporate Communications.
Job Grade & Compensation : DC-05 $72,177 - $90,221 (CAD) + Pay for Performance
Language Requirement : English Essential/Anglais essentiel
Security Clearance Level : Enhanced
Employment Status : Term
End Date (Term Roles) : 1/23/26
The world needs more Canada.
Destination Canada is looking for a Content Writer, Corporate Communications, to join our team in Vancouver or Ottawa as we inspire travellers to explore Canada.
As a key member of the Corporate Communications team, and working closely with the Senior Director, you will be responsible for increasing visibility of the organisation and leaders through the creation of thought leadership content. You have outstanding writing skills and the ability to distill research-findings, data, and industry insights into engaging thought-leadership content that tells our organization’s story. This role includes the development of compelling, data-driven content for inclusion in presentations, articles, various briefings, and other communications materials for Destination Canada’s Senior Management Group.
Destination Canada strives to be an agile organization that responds to a fast-paced industry. The individual will require the skills and personal attributes to support this goal.
Join us and share your love for Canada and your glowing heart with the world.
Note: The successful candidate will be working under Destination Canada’s Hybrid Working Model. This model requires all employees to work 2 days /week in the office (Vancouver or Ottawa office). The remainder of the work week can be spent working from a home office.
DUTIES: The individual creates communications content, manages communications events and identifies opportunities to share the organization’s corporate message. This role must elevate the quality of content used in communications by senior leaders, creating content that is data-driven and thought leading.
- Manages speaking engagements and develops communication materials for senior management including presentations, briefings and speeches
- Identifies opportunities to communicate about Destination Canada’s relevance to its stakeholders and shareholder and tell the Destination Canada Story. This includes development of insight and research based briefings and content
- Supports management of corporate website and proactively seeks out and develops rich content for it
- Proactively scans the environment and provides briefings, analyzes issues, identifies risks/solutions/opportunities and provides recommendations
- Supports communications initiatives and plans as needed
EDUCATION: Graduation from a recognized university in communications or public relations, or an acceptable and proven combination of education, training and experience.
EXPERIENCE: When applying, the candidate must clearly demonstrate in writing how they meet the following experience criteria:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in communications.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in creating presentations or speeches at a senior level.
- Experience in working with research and data and distilling into meaningful copy for a range of audiences.
- Knowledge of best practices for creating content, storytelling and editing across all media
- Knowledge of project management as it relates to the research, creation and ultimate delivery of quality content for external use
- Knowledge of Canadian tourism an asset
- Knowledge of quality control standards, policies and guidelines for traditional and web content publication, branding and presentation
- Excellent English - written and verbal
- Proven editing and writing skills
- Proactive and shows initiative
- Strategic thinking and an understanding of the bigger picture to drive communications direction
- Diplomacy and strong interpersonal skills.
- Can deliver high-quality work on tight deadlines and in pressure situations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- French-English bilingualism is an asset
PERSONAL SUITABILITY: Effective interpersonal relationships; creativity; judgment; results-oriented; discretion; confidentiality; diplomacy; detail-oriented.
ENTITLEMENT TO WORK: You must certify in your application that you are legally entitled to work in Canada or have the ability to obtain the necessary approvals to work in Canada. Destination Canada reserves the right to require that you provide proof of your legal entitlement to work in Canada at any time.
Please note that Destination Canada will not be providing relocation assistance.
NOTE: You must be able to provide proof of your education credentials if requested. When applying, candidates must clearly demonstrate in writing that they meet the above-mentioned education and experience criteria.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions if you are looking for any other information.
Destination Canada’s mission is to influence supply and build demand for the benefit of locals, communities and visitors through leading research, alignment with public and private sectors, and marketing Canada nationally and abroad.
Destination Canada is a Crown corporation wholly owned by the Government of Canada and formed under the Canadian Tourism Commission Act. We thrive on teamwork across the country and around the world, connecting and collaborating across multiple industries and government levels to promote Canada as a premier four-season destination. The world is our playing field. It is a highly competitive one and, by pulling together, we strive to create unique and rewarding experiences for our staff, while ensuring our guests, our industry, and the communities in which we operate benefit through tourism.
At Destination Canada, we believe that people who think like us, and people who don't, make the best teammates.
We believe that Canada's diversity, its greatest asset, is also what touches travellers' hearts most deeply. To that end, we are committed to inclusive leadership within our workforce, workplace, and interactions with partners and travellers alike.
Destination Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to reflecting Canada's diversity through fair and accessible hiring and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Applicants requiring accommodation throughout the process are encouraged to contact [email protected] at any stage of the hiring process.
Our workplace is bilingual with communications, resources and services provided in both of Canada's official languages. Persons are entitled to participate in the application process in the official language of their choice. Candidates are asked to indicate their first official language and their preferred official language in their application. Interviews are primarily conducted in the language of the work for the specific role.