New Job Community School Coordinator In Saskatchewan
|Community School Coordinator|
Community School Coordinator
Company : Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Salary : $40,000–$50,000 a year
Location : Saskatchewan
Meadow Lake Tribal Council
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan
Phone: (306) 236-5654
Fax: (306) 236-6301
Community School Coordinator
MLTC was created by nine First Nations located in north-west Saskatchewan who have constitutionally recognized aboriginal rights and Treaty Rights under Treaties #6, #8 and #10. The primary purpose of MLTC is to serve those First Nations in their aspirations of cultural, economic and political autonomy. As a private sector employer engaged primarily in promoting and serving the interests of the member First Nations, MLTC asserts its right to provide preferential treatment to First Nations people, giving them priority in decisions on employment matters such as hiring, and this can extend to measures such as opening competitions only to First Nations people.
- This competition is open to all applicants; and
- Preference will be given to qualified First Nations applicants who possess the qualifications, knowledge and skills to meet the minumum suitability requirements as stated for the position
Kopahawakenum Community School is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to fill the position of Community School Coordinator for the 2022-23 school year. The school is located on the Flying Dust First Nation on the northeast side of Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan. The Kopahawakenum Community School offers a complete, modern educational program from Kindergarten to Grade 8. The school features a gym with change rooms, a multi-purpose room, a library, a home economics room, PAA room, science and computer labs, and several resource areas.
The beautifully designed school hosts a pre-Kindergarten program to Grade 8. The school has created a welcoming environment for learning and provides ample opportunities for the students. Kopahawakenum Community School promotes a strong balanced literacy program while incorporating language and culture into their school identity.
- Grade 12 diploma. A minimum of two (2) years of post-secondary training in Social Work or equivalent education from a recognized institution.
- A bachelor’s degree in social work, education or equivalent degree would be a definite asset.
- Experience in the delivery of human services such as social work, health care, justice, counseling or community development would be a definite asset.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all administration, staff, students, outside agencies, and the community exercising excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal on-site supervision demonstrating sound judgment and decision making skills to ensure quality of work meets expected standards.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands.
- Ability to plan and organize the activities of employees and to train and motivate employees.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and documentation and provide reports to the school administration.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Working knowledge of current computer systems and software associated with the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and ensure the safety and security of confidential information and documents.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a manner appropriate to an educational institution that provides services to children including demonstrating strict attention to confidentiality of school operations and student information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist school administration to develop a positive, caring, and supportive school culture and environment.
- Facilitate effective communication between the school and the students, parents, and community.
- Responsible for searching for and applying for various grants to fund various projects and programs.
- Responsible for community school programming and implementation involving students, staff, parents, and community in order to enrich the school learning program.
- Coordinate transportation for students for during and after-school activities.
- Purchase and pick up/deliver supplies for various events.
- Assist administration with management of Community School Funds, including grant money.
- Assist school administration to develop a Parent Council that is reflective of the community and work with the Council to develop their leadership skills and foster their capacity to become meaningfully engaged in educational and community matters.
- Work with the Parent Council to identify and respond to the needs of students as well as the community.
- Identify and establish partnerships with other human service providers and community agencies to provide services and programs for students and families.
- Oversee the operations of the nutrition program including ordering, inventory, food preparation, service and supervision of the Nutrition Worker.
- Initiate and participate in activities to identify community issues and undertake activities to address them.
- Coordinate, prepare, and distribute a monthly school newsletter/calendar.
- Oversee school social media communication pages by updating, or ensuring pertinent information is being shared.
- Coordinate after-school and evening programming for youth.
We offer our employees: Comprehensive Benefits Package & Pension Plan including CPP.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; current resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Criminal Records / Vulnerable Sector Checks; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references.
Deadline: Friday, January 6th, 2023
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Meadow Lake, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-06