New Job Area Materials Coordinator In Saskatchewan
|Area Materials Coordinator|
Area Materials Coordinator
Company : Bantrel Management Services Co. (BMSC)
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Saskatchewan
Bantrel is proud to be a leading provider of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) services in Canada.
Since our inception in 1983, we have delivered end-to-end solutions for some of Canada’s most challenging and complex energy, mining, and infrastructure projects, with an unrelenting focus on safety, while delivering to the highest degree of quality. Bantrel performs design and procurement services from our Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto offices and delivers construction management and self perform construction services at various Client sites across Canada.
Our global reach and local touch are demonstrated by our affiliation with our parent company, Bechtel Corporation, one of the largest EPC companies in the world, and with McCaig Investments, a Canadian owned private company with longstanding ties to the local business community.
Bantrel Co.: My Company | LinkedIn
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the BHP Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
The CCF – Area Materials Coordinator performs Materials Management (MM) functions and ensures the accurate maintenance of all related records and documentation for tracking, analyzing, and planning engineering / construction material requirements. This position performs MM functions associated with planning, allocation, distribution, coordinating and controlling of materials at project jobsite locations and off-site fabrication facilities.
- Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance. This will be a camp position on a 14 day on 7 days off rotation.
In this full-time permanent role, you will be a champion of diversity & inclusion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and ensure data entry / transfer of engineering drawings, bulk material and tagged equipment requirements to Smart Materials (SMat)
- RFID technology utilization and support to MM team members
- Ensure that engineering material requisitions conform to project standards and that all information is included to support SMat material management work processes including material allocation, distribution, planning and tracking
- Ensures that all tagged equipment lists in SMat are maintained and that all tagged items are linked to work packages. Verifies tag naming structure, main and component tags structure. Ensures MRs are created properly regarding tagged equipment
- Develop, and maintain material planning Dashboards to support the allocation and distribution of materials per the project execution plan and schedule
- Coordinate the allocation and distribution of bulk materials to off-site fabrication facilities and the job-site per the project execution plan
- Ensure that all engineering requirements, work package information, schedules, bulk material lead times, purchasing, receiving and issuing data is maintained in SMat to support the material planning, allocation and distribution of project materials
- Perform material quantification analysis including the identification of potential surplus or shortages
- Assists MM Lead with materials status and metrics reporting
- EPC industry experience in the function of MM
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Engineering or Construction Management is an asset
- Successful performance in varying size and complex projects
- Demonstrated success in process improvement initiatives
- Proficiency in Expediting plus experience in one or more Procurement functions
- Knowledge of commercial management and experience in project planning and operations, including both office and jobsite locations
- Knowledge of Engineering, Construction and Quality procedures is desirable
- Fosters a positive and collaborative work culture and champion the Vision, Values and Covenants by leading by example
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity and a high degree of Emotional Intelligence
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate with Stakeholders including Clients, Senior Leaders, and frontline employees
- Brings a team-centric approach that is supportive and encouraging
- Can manage shifting priorities while maintaining deliverable deadlines
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.