New Job Administrative Assistant In Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $22.32–$27.98 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The mission of the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is to develop, attract and retain a skilled workforce that supports investment and economic growth in Saskatchewan and helps citizens realize their full potential. It takes great people working together as a team to make this happen. Our core values include providing exceptional customer service, treating others with respect, acting with integrity, and upholding our commitment to excellence and innovation as one team. Our team demonstrates these values in our daily behaviours.
Within the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training, the Immigration Services Branch is seeking a permanent, full-time Administrative Assistant.
Reporting to the Executive Coordinator, your responsibilities will include providing a variety of administrative services to support management within the Entrepreneur and Farm Unit and the Executive Coordinator, including assigning casework and referrals; entering or amending data in databases; review and editing correspondence; coordination and maintenance of files; payment of invoices; and customer service.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of office and administrative procedures, protocols and equipment.
- Knowledge of immigration policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of software, databases and reporting functions.
- Ability to interact empathetically with the public, clients and stakeholders, and be able to provide information and clarify policies and procedures.
- Ability to search for and assess data/information to develop materials, report and/or to make recommendations about procedures.
- Ability to plan and organize multiple complex tasks and projects, taking into consideration conflicting and changing priorities and meeting strict and/or changing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as a contributing member of a variety of teams to complete assignments or projects while being tactful, diplomatic and demonstrating judgement and ethics in order to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through completion of an office administration diploma and/or several years of related experience.
Candidates are asked to clearly demonstrate in their cover letter where they have gained and demonstrated the required knowledge and abilities. Applications will be screened on the basis of this information.
What We Offer:
As part of the Saskatchewan public service, working for the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training provides you:
- The opportunity to work with purpose to create the opportunity for people to build their careers in the province and support provincial employers to have workers with the right skills at the right time to make Saskatchewan the best place in Canada – to live, to work, to start a business, to get an education, to raise a family and to build a life;
- Professional development and advancement opportunities;
- A comprehensive salary and benefits package including pension;
- Support for work-life balance; and
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave.