New Job 22-165C - Operations Maintenance Worker In British Columbia
|22-165c - Operations Maintenance Worker
22-165c - Operations Maintenance Worker
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $31.50 an hour
Location : British Columbia
The values that guide our work include:
What I do matters · Everyone is my customer · Everyone is my co-worker · Every idea matters · We grow together
The City of Port Coquitlam’s Public Works Division is looking for energetic, enthusiastic and motivated individuals to work with City crews in various sections of the division, including streets, utilities and solid waste. This semi-skilled work involves physical effort and agility while performing a diverse range of duties.
Casual employees are assigned to cover temporary increased workloads, vacation, or absence relief. Incumbents in assignments are guaranteed forty (40) hours of work a week for the duration of the assignment.
If the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- Are conscious about safety and ensuring a safe work environment for you and your colleagues.
- Are a dedicated individual who resonates with our values of what I do matters, everyone is my customer, everyone is my co-worker, every idea matters, and we grow together
- Are strong team players with practical communication skills.
- Have good judgement and critical thinking skills.
- Are customer focused and can effectively and professionally deal with the public.
- Have a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License (Class 3 with air endorsement would be an asset).
Why should you consider working for us?
- We take our work seriously but not ourselves
- We care deeply about our community
- We are a diverse, inclusive, supportive workplace that focuses on learning and growth.
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement. The 2022 rate for this casual position is $31.50 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits.
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply online by January 20, 2023, at http://www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number 22-165c.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
All new employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an accepted exemption under the BC Human Rights Code. In addition, the City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.