Company : City of Maple Ridge
Salary : $26.74 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Department: Police Services
Salary: $26.74 - $31.41 per hour
Closing: November 20, 2022
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
This position requires a self-starter and able to manage priorities in a professional, efficient and timely manner in an environment with frequent interruptions and minimal supervision; you are adaptable and excel in an environment where teamwork is required to meet departmental and organizational goals. The clerical work entails some variety and moderate complexity in processing requests for information and police reports for insurance and legal purposes. The work involves receiving, checking and processing a variety of materials such as Court Orders, vehicle accident reports, traffic offences and notices; assessing the nature of new occurrence files and determining record keeping procedures; performing TSMIT, PRIME, ICBC and CPIC computer terminal operational and clerical tasks; handling complaints and enquiries at the front counter and over the telephone; providing factual information regarding file content to a variety of internal and external contacts; and performing a variety of typing/transcribing duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of the 12th school grade, including or supplemented by commercial and typing/word processing courses, TSMIT, PRIME, ICBC and CPIC computer terminal operator's courses plus sound related experience, preferably in a police department OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Sound knowledge of the rules, regulations and policies governing the work performed and of functions of the operations of units served.
- Sound knowledge of clerical and record keeping methods and procedures and of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Sound knowledge of the methods, practices and procedures used in operating word processing, TSMIT, PRIME, ICBC and CPIC computer terminal equipment.
- Working knowledge of legislation and by-laws applicable to the work performed.
- Ability to receive, check and process a variety of vehicle accident reports, traffic offences and notices and applications for specific permits; to take various reports and complete applicable forms; and to perform a variety of clerical and typing/word processing tasks related to the work.
- Ability to perform TSMIT, PRIME, ICBC and CPIC computer terminal operational and clerical work and to memorize applicable system codes and procedures.
- Ability to read occurrence files to determine circumstances surrounding and nature of occurrence; to determine offences reportable to Statistics Canada and to assign and record UCR codes according to prescribed rules; and to produce a variety of statistical reports on a regular basis.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a variety of internal and external contacts in handling complaints and enquiries; in explaining rules, regulations and procedures within prescribed limits; and in supplying factual information regarding file content in accordance with departmental policy.
- Ability to provide training to new clerical staff on appropriate reporting procedures and completion of forms.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Clearance.
- Skill in the operation of equipment used in the work.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
RCMP Enhanced Reliability Clearance
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting [email protected].
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Education : Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience : Experience an asset