|Technical Architect, Contracts (Computer Services Officer 4)|
Technical Architect, Contracts (Computer Services Officer 4)
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $6,003–$7,051 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services
Type of Employment: Term
Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG
Closing Date: 12/7/2022 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
Who We Are
The Nova Scotia Digital Service (NSDS), a division of Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services (SNS-IS) is a team within government, and we are putting people first. We are called a “digital” service for a reason – because we are helping government work the way that people expect things to work these days.
Our team is large, diverse, and passionate about making a difference in peoples’ lives. We believe in user-centered iterative digital service design, and practice internet-era ways of working. Working at the NSDS means you will be a part of a team whose work makes a difference through designing, continuously improving and delivering the programs and services people need, alongside caring, compassionate, highly-skilled people.
At the NSDS, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate a supportive culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging!
The people who use government programs and services come from all walks of life. It is important that the NSDS reflects the people that we serve – so we can deliver better, and more accessible, and inclusive public services. We work hard to create an environment where different perspectives and experiences are valued. We are committed to helping diverse talent thrive.
About Our Opportunity
We are looking for a Technical Architect (Computer Services Officer 4) who wants to assist government in delivering on a digital and technology strategy for Nova Scotia; who is passionate about managing financial projects in relation to services offered. We are interested in candidates who have strategic leadership experience, a track record of delivery, digital awareness, and a data-driven approach to interpreting financial data. We are seeking a candidate with the professional acumen to instinctively approach each project with the appropriate level of urgency.
The Technical Architect will be responsible for the financial management of a growing portfolio of services. The candidate has experience in IT technology and understands current technology trends and service provision. Success will be measured by meeting service goals while balancing financial management.
In more detail, the Technical Architect will:
- Manage responsibility of the financial viability and sustainability of our digital services, including the intricacies of cost recovery processes, leveraging both integrated and non- integrated tools; provide accurate reporting to stakeholders on multiple levels, across multiple platforms, while achieving successful year end balancing of our digital service recoveries.
- Act as the technical authority in prospective, information gathering, initial meetings evaluating service proposals, technical proposals from from both internal and external stakeholders, and making implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders for sustainable financial solutions in cost recoveries.
- Provide leadership to clients in navigating the sustainable design, build, implementation, and operational financial management for the Digital products and services.
- Understand and manage the budget, including forecasting, and identifying discrepancies in Cost Centres/GL’s related to the department, and the cost recoveries of IT Assets using SAP and internal tools
- Coordinate with external suppliers to ensure that the smooth financial operation of our services.
- Ensure fair and equitable processes as pertain to procurement regulations within Government
- Provide mentorship and/or supervision for junior integration architects, as required.
- Assist with building a culture of continuous service delivery and improvement, ensuring that key processes are regularly analyzed, maintained and improved.
Qualifications and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will have a Bachelors Degree in Information Technology plus five (5) years related experience; or graduation from a recognized Information Technology Program plus five (5) years and six (6) months related experience (an equivalent combination of training and experience may be acceptable).
You will also have:
- Proven capability in management of financial implementations involving multiple interfacing tools
- Focus on strategic alignment of architecture to meet business growth and direction
- Experience sharing knowledge and working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven experience in analyzing and interpreting financial data, specifically in high volume transactional environment
Additional Assets include:
- Experience and knowledge of the government contract and procurement policies
- Knowledge of industry-leading methodology and toolsets, and related hands-on experience in software asset management
- Knowledge and experience in using an SAP environment for financial management
- ITIL knowledge and experience
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status and union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offerings and eligibility criteria.
Please note, this is expected to be a Term status position with an end date of February 2024; however, the position status (“term”, “temporary” or “casual”) is dependent on the start date of the successful candidate.
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: PR 17
Salary Range: $3,001.65 - $3,525.41 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected]