|Senior Business Analyst - Operations Lead|
Senior Business Analyst - Operations Lead
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $5,716–$7,145 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Department: Community Services
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: Exclusion - Non Union - NSPG
Closing Date: 11/29/2022 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
At the Department of Community Services (DCS), we are a large and diverse department providing a broad portfolio of programs and services including Child Youth and Family Support (CYFS), Employment Support (ESS), Income Assistance (IA), Homelessness and Supportive Housing, and Disability Support (DSP).
Through our services, we advocate and help vulnerable Nova Scotians be independent, self-reliant, and secure. We work collaboratively across the province with a strong dedicated network of supports and staff, to achieve desired and shared outcomes for all.
About Out Opportunity
Are you known as an innovator? Is leading a team to deliver solutions one of your top qualities?
We are recruiting a Senior Business Analyst – Operations Lead to join our innovative team and lead a group of professionals in the Services and Supports Unit, Strategic Services Division. Through planning, evaluation, and implementation, this unit is accountable for supporting the delivery of both operational and transactional services. As the Operations Lead, reporting to the Manager of Operations, you will oversee, guide, support, and lead solutions with the team of Analysts and Clerks. As a Senior BA, you will play a key role in various levels of consultation, evaluation, and recommendations supporting department wide strategic outcomes and priorities.
We count on your leadership and expertise to:
- Mentor, coach, monitor and lead a team of professionals and ensure priorities and objectives are met and aligned across the department.
- Provide program and system management support for case management software and transactional services programs.
- Consult with clients; evaluating current solutions/services and recommending solutions, along with supporting solution implementation
- Be a forward thinker, keeping aware of new trends and technologies and how they can enhance operations.
- Identify, recommend, improve, and implement processes, systems, and procedures.
- Develop and monitor service standards, practices and appropriate evaluation mechanisms that lead to continuous improvement of functions and services
- Lead the preparation and documentation of; business requirements, functional requirements, business cases, workflow processed and data models.
Qualifications and Experience
This may be the right opportunity for you if you have a university degree from a recognized school in the field of business or information management. Experience and/or education in Information Technology or Project Management considered an asset. Previous experience with leading a team and experience with case management systems [(i.e., Integrated Case Management (ICM)/Collaborative Case Management (CCM)] considered assets.
As the next Senior BA, Operations Lead you will have:
- A strong technical background with experience in a variety of computer software including system administration
- Experience working within an operational environment
- Experience with deadlines and processing transactional services and applications
- Experience in Release Management and UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Proficiency with computers and a variety of computer software such as Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, TEAMS and Sharepoint)
A few of your key qualities also include:
- Being highly organized with strong time management skills.
- Skillsets in leadership, relationship building, and team collaboration.
- Capacity to create a culture where idea generation and innovation are supported.
- A high degree of problem-solving skills to introduce, promote, and implement new ideas within the division, and resolve conflicts and concerns as they arise.
- Working well under pressure.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgement, and risk assessment
- Understand and will promote, the importance of diversity, culture, and inclusion within your team and in the development of all strategies, policies, standards, program design, and initiatives.
- Decisive and an effective communicating (verbal and written) and display of superior analytical skills.
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
The Government of Nova Scotia has adopted the LEADS Leadership Framework. During the interview, candidates will be expected to express how they have demonstrated the key behaviours and capabilities required to effectively lead in a caring and inclusive environment. LEADS Domains includes Leads Self, Engage Others, Achieve Results, Develop Coalitions and Systems Transformation.
Please follow LEADS (novascotia.ca) for more information.
Based on the employment status, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offerings and eligibility criteria.
This role is based in a comfortable office environment. Flexible working options may be discussed at the interview stage. You may be required to travel for business purposes.
Your normal work week is 35 hours/week, 7 hours/day.
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: EC 10
Salary Range: $2,858.01 - $3,572.52 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
Current government employees may access this posting through the link below:
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected]