New Job Provisional Psychologist In Alberta
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : From $90 an hour
Location : Alberta
We are looking for motivated provisional psychologists to join our busy practice. This position is perfect for provisional psychologists looking to build up to 15 -30 direct client hours per week. Start the path of growing as a therapist and completing your 1600 hours while building your private practice. This opportunity will allow you to build a caseload of clients you can take with you when you leave to continue in your business as a fully registered psychologist with an already-built private practice.
To alleviate the psychological pain and suffering of individuals, couples, and families. Creating honest, collaborative, and safe conversations that improve our client’s levels of happiness, connection, and communication skills. “To plant shade trees under which we will never sit.” Dr. Denis Waitley
What CWJGAC will provide?
- The opportunity to complete your 1600 hours while establishing a client caseload and become your sole proprietor/Inc., in a contract partnership with CWJGAC.
- Excellent compensation of$90.00-100 per hour on a negotiated fee split depending on experience and your caseload demands.
- The hours of operation for CWJGAC arefrom 10 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday. No weekends are required.
- Learn everything you need to about how to run a private practice.
- Supervision and client hours provided on-site with a supervisor with over 20 years of experience. Please do not apply if you have an external supervisor.
- Competitive supervision fees for your 1600 provisional hours.
- Opportunity for further income by running groups /seminars with a 50- 50 fee split depending on experience.
- Provided is a fully furnished office space (rent-free,) that is equidistant to all quadrants of Calgary in the desirable mission area.
- Office supplies.
- Business cards.
- Signing bonus of either level one or 2 Gottman training provided.
- Develop your clinical interests and specialties that we will promote and advertised for you at no cost to you.
Candidate Qualifications: Master’s degree, or doctorate degree in psychology, counselling, MFT or social work
· Be a registered provisional psychologist wanting to achieve full registration status by completing 1600 supervised hours.
(We ask you to have your academic credentials already approved by CAP when you apply ready to create a supervision plan and start right away when the plan is approved.
· Initiative-taking and self-directed individual that can work both independently and as part of a team.
· Be able to provide video therapy and in-office therapy.
· Comfortable working in a private practice setting.
· Able to maintain professional liability insurance and slip and trip.
· Experienced in working with couples, individuals, families, and teens (Gottman Method and EMDR would be an asset)
· Have the desire to collaborate with a client-centred approach using various methods CBT, ACT, Narrative, EMDR, Gottman, EFT, Solution Focused, Family Systems, Bowenian, Structural, therapy etc.
· Have an entrepreneurial mindset and be able to execute this business opportunity.
· Be able to manage a caseload, file upkeep, and do your intakes.
· Provide excellent customer service in a time-sensitive manner focused on respect and empathy for the client’s needs.
· Be able to make referrals and connect clients to resources.
· Provide consultation to other professionals.
· Must be available to provide day appointments and a minimum of 3 evenings until 8 pm on the alternate or same day as per the needs of our clients. Please do not apply if you cannot work evenings.
· Willing to work up to booking a minimum of 5 -6 clients per day
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention Melody Evans
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: From $90.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Master's Degree (required)