Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Position Title: General Laborer
Position Type: Temporary
Position Location: McCain Farms
Requisition ID: 14940
For over 100 years, McCain Produce Inc., a private family owned company and an industry leader in quality, has delivered top-quality potatoes across the globe satisfying cravings for one of the world’s most popular vegetables. This foundation plus its association with its parent company – McCain Foods Limited – provides McCain Produce with an unrivalled global reach. The end result: McCain Produce customers enjoy ”best practice” benefits unmatched by few others in the industry. From selling table potatoes to providing top quality inputs to our grower partners, McCain Produce is truly an agricultural leader in the potato industry.
McCain Farms, a division of McCain Produce Inc. is looking for Temporary General Laborers at our Monquart, NB location to assist with planting (approximately April through end-May).
- Responsible for following all safety requirements.
- Material handling of 25 lb tubs and pails.
- Responsible for inspection of raw material entering potato storages – removal of rocks and debris from loads of incoming raw.
- Responsible for some sanitation duties
- Trouble shoot, adjust and maintain equipment as required.
- Relay information to other Team members
- Working in a fast-paced team environment
- Participate in Team meetings, as required.
- All additional duties as they become assigned.
- Grade 12 education or GED preferred (High School students age 16 and above may be considered for outside school hours)
- Ability to work well with supervision and other employees
- Team player with excellent attendance
- Highly motivated, observant with good initiative and a positive attitude.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment adapting to and embracing change as it occurs.
- Willing to work weekends.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a good safety record and demonstrate “safety first’’ on a continual basis.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Agriculture
Division: McCain Produce & Fertilizer
Department: McCain Farms Packing Shed
Location(s): CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol
Company: McCain Fertilizer, a division of McCain Produce Inc.