|Docket Administration Clerk|
Docket Administration Clerk
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $43,349–$53,448 a year
Location : Manitoba
Docket Administration Clerk
CC1 Clerk of Court 1
Thompson Court Office, Manitoba Court Operations
Advertisement Number: 40144
Salary(s): CC1 $43,349.00 - $53,448.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: November 27, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list will be created for similar positions and for different locations, pending appropriate staffing approval and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an Application Screening Form (Word or fillable PDF only), along with your resume and cover-letter. Complete the Application Screening Form at the link below.
If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the Application Screening Form. The selection board will rely on information provided in the form and may rely on the information provided in the resume and cover letter to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION SCREENING FORM.
Consider an exciting career with Manitoba Justice in a Court environment as a Court Clerk . Extensive training as well as coaching are provided for this position. We have a substantial benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, maternity and parental leave, and a defined pension plan.
Fun Facts about Thompson
Known as the "Hub of the North", Thompson is one of Manitoba's more remote destinations. But with waterfalls, wilderness, wolves and more at your fingertips, this Northern city is the perfect place for true adventurers.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Enhanced/Internal Security Check
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to meet workload demands
- Ability to work overtime as necessary with little notice
- Experience performing clerical and administrative duties including data entry, handling inquiries on the phone/in-person and preparing/processing documentation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks in pressure situations with strict deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to maintain accuracy and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as contribute to a respectful workplace
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook) or equivalent programs
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to project vocally without error
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience working in a court or related legal environment which may included working with courtroom documentation, procedures and processes
- Completion of a recognized legal or administrative assistant program or other related post secondary education
This position provides clerical support to the Court Clerk Monitors by receiving Dispositions and Bail Hearing Orders from the Court Clerk Monitors in Provincial Court and determines appropriate court documents to prepare. Distributes completed court orders to various agencies and stakeholders. Creates, publishes and endorses dockets ensuring all informations and upcoming appearances have been entered on CCAIN and checking that all documents and files are in order and available for upcoming court appearances.
This position also provides clerical support to Staff Justices of the Peace (SJP) by processing notifications and variations of court orders, and stays of proceedings for endorsing by a SJP and distributes documents to appropriate agencies and stakeholders.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.