|Child and Youth Support Worker|
Child and Youth Support Worker
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : $61,803–$71,489 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is to fill three term positions for 2 years working 75 hours bi-weekly.
Reporting to the Supervisor of the Child and Youth Support Worker Program, these positions are responsible for working with children and youth in a therapeutic and recreational capacity. Child and Youth Support Workers are responsible for observing and documenting behaviour in order to facilitate a successful therapeutic experience.
We are looking for creative and flexible individuals who have a passion for working with children and youth who are experiencing behavioural challenges.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Post-secondary coursework in Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, or another social sciences field.
- Experience implementing community based therapeutic, recreational, or life skills programming.
- Experience working with children or youth both one-on-one and in a group setting.
- Experience working with children who have experienced trauma and/or knowledge of trauma informed practice would be an asset.
Candidates with a combination of learning and experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Suitability:
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective conflict resolution skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to provide high quality services to children and youth.
- Well-developed understanding of effective intervention strategies for children and youth with behavioural challenges.
- Excellent organization, communication (both oral and written), and problem-solving skills.
Equivalency: Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications above may be equally considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- RCMP criminal record check with vulnerable sector clearance,
- TB screening,
- First Aid with CPR-C (within 3 months of hire)
- valid Yukon class 5 driver’s licence,
- Family and Children’s Services client index check
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
For more information about this position, please contact: Emma Eaton, Manager, Whitehorse Programs /Sarah Steele/Child Youth and Family Treatment Team, at, email: [email protected].
For any HR processes please contact Sneha Iyer, HR Consultant at [email protected]
Learn more about us!
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural, and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
To learn more why the Yukon Government is recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, please select the following link: Top Employers for Canadians Over 40 (2020)
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links: The Yukon Life Travel the Yukon
Check us out: Working at the Yukon government