|Buyer, Joe Fresh|
Buyer, Joe Fresh
Company : Jobssummary / Indeed
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:2 Fraser Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 1Y6
Fresh Style. Fresh Careers. Founded in 2006, Joe Fresh is a leading source for modern style and accessible design, offering comprehensive lifestyle collections for men, women and children. Joe Fresh delivers quality and compelling value in categories spanning apparel, accessories, footwear and Joe Fresh Beauty® cosmetics. Joe Fresh collections are polished and sophisticated, with a focus on essential designs that appeal to a broad range of style-savvy consumers
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Why is this role important?
Buyer – Job Description
The Buyer, reporting directly to the Senior Buyer, is responsible for driving sales, profit, and inventory objectives across multiple categories and channels at Joe Fresh. Leading the successful build of category growth strategies, buys and assortment plans, as well as marketing and merchandising strategies, while keeping a customer centric lens is of primary importance. Demonstrating strong leadership skills that facilitate innovation and teamwork, while supporting a culture of collaboration and our purpose of helping Canadians Live Life Well, is critical to success in this role.
The Buyer, reporting to the Senior Buyer, strategizes, develops, and executes category assortments determined by established sales. They will also work in tandem with cross-functional specialist teams to achieve various deliverables that work in accordance, providing our customers exceptional value.
- Financials: Accountable for achieving Omni-channel P&L and GMROI for assigned category, including proactive management to ensure forecasts, sales, profit, and inventory targets are met or exceeded. Conduct post-buy financial analysis to include end-to-end erosion and develop an action plan to communicate to both management & cross-functional teams.
- Strategy: Develop & execute assortment, marketing, and merchandising strategies that support the overarching category goals, always ensuring that plan is supported with customer-centric focus, data and analytics, and market share data. A focus on vendor and SKU optimization to help drive the strategy.
- Negotiations: Develop and maintain relationships with both internal and external partners, the ability to gain buy-in and negotiate win-win solutions.
- Marketing: Drive Go-to-Market strategies including developing seasonal plans, forecasting, and executing promotional activities.
- Supply Chain: Ensure timely delivery of merchandise, initiate expediting, or negotiate discounts on late deliveries as appropriate.
- Planning: Collaborate on establishing seasonal budgets, managing inventory through allocations and markdowns.
- Design & Merchandising: Collaborate on driving merchandising direction for different retail formats in efforts to maximize sales productivity while maintaining execution excellence.
- Lead: Provide coaching and direction for the development of the Category Team including feedback and collaboration.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2 years minimum Buying experience required (experience with private label an asset, leading a team also an asset)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or equivalent
- Proven ability to deliver results including demonstrated P&L management skills
- Broad retail experience including working knowledge of cross functional areas/processes and their inter-relationships
- Results driven based on customer centric mindset
- Takes initiative to be self-motivated and demonstrates leadership skills
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and ability to influence others
- Strong analytical, business, and financial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills to coach and lead team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
How You’ll Succeed:
At Joe Fresh, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Joe Fresh recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.