Company : Wellington-Altus Private Wealth
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Location: This position will be located in our Winnipeg office.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2022
Founded in 2017, Wellington-Altus Financial Inc. (Wellington-Altus) is the parent company to Wellington-Altus Private Counsel and Wellington-Altus Private Wealth —the top-rated* wealth advisory company in Canada and one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. With more than $21 billion in assets under administration and offices across the country, Wellington-Altus identifies with successful, entrepreneurial advisors and portfolio managers, and their high-net-worth clients.
- Investment Executive 2022 Brokerage Report Card
Reporting to the Manager, Culture & Engagement, the Onboarding Specialist will be responsible for the successful execution of employee onboarding, and will be the primary point of contact for, and provides critical support to, candidates, hiring managers, and internal HR and business stakeholders to provide a world-class onboarding experience for newly hired employees. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring timely execution and completion of a seamless workflow for each new employee.
The Onboarding Specialist will also support Advisor Transitions as a dedicated resource and subject-matter expert on benefits, HRIS, Wellington-Altus policy, and other foundational learning and resources for new Investment Advisor (IA) teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as the main point of contact and liaison for new hires.
- Effectively communicating information related to the onboarding process and providing ongoing support.
- Acting as back up and assisting with initiating and scheduling screening, background checks and reference checks, when applicable.
- Monitoring the Onboarding Portal, approving requests, coordinating pre-onboarding and ensuring all parties are accountable to their duties to ensure a seamless onboard.
- Ensuring new hire information is properly and accurately reflected in our HRIS, sending out notifications through HRIS, and ensuring new hire package is sent out and completed by candidate.
- Maintaining the HRIS system and ensuring profiles are complete and up to date.
- Maintaining contact with the various departments to ensure accurate and timely flow of information and coordinating with key players to ensure a smooth onboarding experience for the candidate and the hiring manager.
- Updating policies and procedure that detail current onboarding process.
- Supporting the Manager, Culture & Engagement with various projects as required.
- Emailing new hires with details about the company, including parking information, work schedules, and dress codes.
- Welcoming new hires with prepared onboarding kits and an office tour during our Wellington Launch Program (in development).
- Introducing new hires to their team members.
- Orienting new hires and acting as a point of contact for new hire questions (i.e.. how to order from Café, where to find policies, how to use HRIS).
- Ensuring new hires have the necessary technical assistance to set up their hardware and software.
- Arranging product and company demos and presentations.
- Presenting Corporate and IA HRIS training.
- Presenting Corporate and IA benefits training.
- Anticipating issues/gaps in onboarding and mitigating between all parties.
- Creating, preparing, ordering welcome packages for new hires,
- Sending out and interpreting feedback surveys regarding employee experience,
- Assisting the Manager, Culture & Engagement with Culture Committee research and project planning, including the creation and implementation of Committee activities and initiatives.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A diploma in business administration or human resources; Bachelor’s Degree is an asset.
- Current knowledge of standards and legislation as they relate to human resource management.
- A demonstrated ability to research information and present findings and recommendations.
- An ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to proactively organize and manage a high volume of time-sensitive tasks and work.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Exemplary interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills.
- Excellent attitude and a commitment to providing extraordinary service.
- Bilingualism in French and English, both oral and written, would be an asset.
- CPHR designation is an asset but not mandatory.
- 2 years experience as an onboarding specialist or in a similar HR role.
- Previous experience with HRIS software.
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment is an asset.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, may be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment.
Wellington-Altus is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
If you require accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know at the point of application.
Click the Apply For This Job button to submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. More information about working at Wellington-Altus can be found on our website at www.wellington-altus.com.