|Manager of Corporate Services|
Manager of Corporate Services
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $80,116–$106,935 a year
Location : Manitoba
Manager of Corporate Services
PCO Planning Consultant
Term positions greater than 6 months/full-time
Term/Full-Time position (two-year term)
Advertisement Number: 39799
Salary(s): PCO $80,116.00 - $106,935.00 per year
Closing Date: September 20, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Elections Manitoba is an independent office of the Legislative Assembly. It is the mission of the office to ensure the democratic rights of all Manitobans through the conduct of free and fair provincial elections, by ensuring compliance with political financing laws and by enhancing public confidence in and awareness of the electoral process.
Elections Manitoba is seeking an individual with strong project management and policy development skills to work directly with the chief electoral officer to coordinate a variety of projects, systems and presentations across the organization. The Manager of Corporate Services assists in driving efforts to meet the needs, standards and strategic objectives of Elections Manitoba working in an inter-disciplinary manner internally and with external partners.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- The incumbent must be, and remain, politically non-partisan in both perception and fact
- Satisfactory criminal records check
- Bachelor’s degree (business, project management, administration or social sciences) and several years' project management experience and/or business experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in complex project management that works across organizational departments or areas.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing policies and operational plans within budgetary and strategic requirements.
- Superior research and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated excellence in exercising good judgement and discretion.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Election related experience
- Experience working with the development and implementation of legislation and regulations.
Under the direction of the Chief Electoral Officer, the Manager of Corporate Services is expected to simultaneously direct and coordinate a variety of projects, systems presentations and other assignments working internally across the organization and externally as required. The position supports inter-disciplinary efforts to deliver free and fair elections, and to modernize the delivery of effective and efficient election services for all stakeholders. This includes the research and development of discussion papers, reports, business plans, briefing notes and presentations. Project management of specific programs and systems and liaison with internal and external partners.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.