|Facility Youth Worker|
Facility Youth Worker
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $28.12–$35.24 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
Facility Youth Worker - HUM011910
Employment Type : Permanent Full-time
Location(s) : SK-Stoon-Saskatoon
Ministry : 073 Corrections Policing and Public Safety
Salary Range : $28.118-$35.239 Hourly
Grade : SGEU.08.
Do you like a challenge? Do you want a job with meaning? The Ministry of Corrections and Policing is looking for motivated and energetic individuals who have excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills. If you have a positive work ethic and an interest in making a difference in the lives of others – this may be a career for you.
The Ministry of Corrections and Policing is accepting applications for a permanent full-time position as a Facility Youth Worker at the Kilburn Hall Youth Centre in Saskatoon.
As a Facility Youth Worker, you will:
- Provide developmental programing and care and custody for youth aged twelve to seventeen years held under the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act;
- Manage your own caseload of youth in custody, and apply counseling methodologies targeting criminogenic factors and their relationship to human behavior in order to reduce recidivism;
- Work closely with youth in custody who have various cultural and spiritual belief systems, cognitive deficits and gender differences;
- Work as a vital team member in a diverse and challenging environment;
- Contribute to the safety and security of Saskatchewan communities;
- Be honest, have integrity, will treat everyone with dignity and respect;
- Be committed to the pursuit of excellence, exhibit leadership and professionalism, embrace diversity and equality and be responsible and accountable; and
- Be required to work shift work.
You will need:
- A university degree in the Social Sciences or closely related discipline, a diploma in Correctional Studies, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Knowledge of criminal justice processes; human behavior, interpersonal communications, counseling, and case management;
- Successful completion of a nine week Induction Training Program (ITP) will be required to maintain employment;
- Prior to the commencement of ITP, candidates must have medical clearance to participate in the Corrections Worker Restraint Training;
- A valid/current Class A, First Aid CPR/AED certificate (must have no less than 12 months remaining), or;
- A valid Class A, CPR/AED and First Aid (completed within three months of employment);
- A valid driver's license; and
- Successful Completion of a COPAT (Correctional Officer Physical Abilities Testing) will be required for candidates not currently employed or having been employed at a Correctional Center or Young Offender Facility within the previous 24 months.
What We Offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work in a professional respectful environment;
- Competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension plan;
- Vacation and earned days off (EDO);
- Inclusive work environments; and
- Ongoing training and development.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Hours of Work : C - SGEU Regulated 37.33 - one day off every three weeks
Number of Openings : 3
Closing Date: Sep 26, 2022, 12:59:00 AM