|Director of Public Works & Utilities|
Director of Public Works & Utilities
Company : Town of Unity
Salary : $75,000–$90,000 a year
Location : Saskatchewan
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Public Works is responsible for leading and managing the operations and administration of the Public Works department including General Operations, Water and Wastewater, and Sanitation divisions. The Director provides oversight and optimizes planning to for the effective delivery of Municipal Works and Services. The Director ensures that the allocation of departmental resources is aligned with the Town’s strategic priorities.
In this role, the Director of Public Works would find themselves effectively managing staff, responding to inquiries, and investigating complaints from the public and public agencies, and ensuring Health and Safety is a priority. In addition, the Director would assist with infrastructure development and capital projects, preparing and monitoring budgets, providing service to other Town’s departments, and representing the Town in negotiations with stakeholders in regard to Public Works related items.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelors Degree
- A valid Driver’s License.
- Experience in all facets of operation, repairs and maintenance of equipment, streets, roads, water & sewer infrastructures, and Landfill.
- Water Treatment & Water Distribution Class 2
- Wastewater Treatment & Wastewater Distribution Class 2
- Chlorine Gas Certification
- Possession of First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- The ability to deal with the public in an effective and professional manner.
- Exemplary problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to coach and train Public Works Staff.* Excellent research, organizational, time and project management skills.*
The Public Works Director is required to attend events and meetings outside of regular working hours and be available to respond to after-hour emergencies to provide guidance and operational support. The Town offers an attractive benefit package and salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Resumes must include relevant work experiences, education, and a minimum of two work related references.
The Town Council wishes to thank everyone who apply for this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For any further questions please contact:
Aileen Garrett, CAO
Tel: 306 228 2621 Ext 9
Please visit our website https://www.townofunity.com/our_town/employment.html for a detailed job description of the position.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability