Company : Legal Aid Alberta
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Competition Ends: When suitable applicant found.
Who We Are
As a publicly funded, non-profit organization, Legal Aid Alberta provides affordable legal services in family law, domestic violence, child welfare, immigration, and youth and adult criminal defense. We are Alberta-wide, with 300 staff and 1,200 private practice lawyers helping people overcome their legal challenges in more than 75 communities across the province.
Who You Are
Working at Legal Aid Alberta means you care about people and empathize with their situation. You have excellent communication skills especially in tough situations. You’re computer-savvy and more organized than anyone you know. Fast-paced work environments give you a rush and you’re always up for a challenge. You love learning new things, solving problems, and can adapt to change quickly. You care deeply about the success of our team and our organization.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Business Analysis, some of the key responsibilities include:
- Works with stakeholders to identify issues or opportunities to improve complicated business processes, provides in-depth analysis and suggestions for business process improvement.
- Influence business leaders to adopt best practices and procedures.
- Elicits, analyzes, validates and manages detailed functional and non-functional requirements using focus groups, brainstorming, workshops, surveys and other techniques.
- Documents and leads impact assessments, business cases and feasibility studies.
- Delivers detailed design specifications including business rules, user interface designs, report designs, requirements traceability and use cases.
- Responsible for requirements traceability, with the ability to contribute to business application test planning by assisting in the creation of test plans, test suites and the execution of solution testing as required.
- Participates in the development and delivery of training materials on new or changed business applications or processes.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Develops end-user reporting solutions using available analytical toolsets, including in a “low-code” development environment (for example, Power Platform).
- Develops end-user data gathering applications using available toolsets.
- Assists in project planning, identifies project risks and issues.
- Conducts insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues or service delivery challenges.
- Participates in the evaluation, prioritization and requirements gathering for ongoing system changes, enhancements and selection.
- Assist or advise on change management activities related to assigned work or projects.
- Mentor other team members and business users as required on all facets of business analysis and business processes.
- Delivery of regular updates, or presentations on work to senior management or business owners.
Education and Experience:
- Post secondary education in business administration, computing science/technology or a related field. Acceptable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 5 years experience as a Business Analyst, or combination of applicable experience in business areas.
- IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) Certification is considered an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of strategic planning, strategic information management, business analysis, requirements management, data design, conceptual design, process modeling and improvement, system development life cycle, research techniques, project management methodologies and practices.
- Basic understanding of information technology architectures including integration and application software, database, subsystem components and software.
- Foundational knowledge of emerging methods, procedures, tools, technology, best practices and techniques within the IT industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly communicate ideas and to discuss technical issues with non-technical clients.
- Ability to facilitate requirements sessions, training and present to large groups.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and evaluation skills.
- In-depth analytical skills, and ability to use innovation and extensive domain knowledge to problem-solve complicated business issues.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and contribute to numerous concurrent projects and deliverables.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment while maintaining an organization-wide perspective.
- Operate effectively in a matrix environment; organize work, manage time and priorities and consistently meet deadlines, while working independently on multiple and complex assignments.
- Interpret and apply organizational operations, policies, legislation and regulations while assisting with the development of new business processes and solutions.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft (or similar) suite of products.
What We Offer
Perks of working with us
- Competitive wage
- RRSP employer contribution
- Paid holidays
- Health and dental benefits
- Health and wellness spending accounts
- Work from home opportunities
How To Apply
If you got excited at the prospect of being a part of our team when you reviewed this posting and you meet the minimum qualifications, please select ‘Apply Now’ to create your candidate profile. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those selected for an interview
- Successful candidate will be required to provide an acceptable criminal record check.