|Building Service Worker|
Building Service Worker
Company : City of Richmond BC
Salary : $26.09–$30.55 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Building Service Worker
The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community. The City of Richmond offers competitive pay programs, comprehensive benefits and attractive incentives. If you are looking to make a difference, and to share our vision “to be the most appealing, livable, and well-managed community in Canada”, then please apply.
Successful candidate will be required to perform work in the cleaning and minor maintenance of City buildings. These janitorial duties are performed under general supervision and are subject to review by Building Services Worker Supervisor, Community Services.The initial location for this position will be Steveston Community Centre. Location may change contingent upon operational needs.
Examples of key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning of, but not limited to, recreation facilities including office spaces, storage rooms, washrooms, change rooms, office and common areas.
- Ensuring facility is clean and safe for public and staff use.
- Setting up and taking down of program and rental equipment.
- Liaising with external contractors and/or trades workers.
- Maintaining effective oral and written communications.
- Completing and submitting daily checklists and logs.
- Operating and maintaining powered cleaning equipment.
- Completing inventory, ordering and distributing of supplies throughout the facility.
- Identifying maintenance problems and reporting work required.
- Completing minor maintenance (changing light bulbs, unclogging toilets, etc.).
- Opening and closing of facility.
- Other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and ability of the cleaning methods, materials, tools and equipment used in janitorial work.
- Knowledge of routine building and equipment maintenance, and minor repair tasks.
- Knowledge of janitorial workplace hazards and safe practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computer applications such as MS word and web browsers.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with a computerized maintenance management system is an asset.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with co-workers and the public.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must successfully clear a Police Information Check.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 plus successful completion of a recognized Building Service Worker course, in addition to a minimum of one-year experience in janitorial work is required.
- Building Service Worker Certificate.
- WHMIS Certificate.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence for the Province of British Columbia.
Typical work schedule include:
Day Shift: Saturday and Sunday from 8am -4pm
Night Shift: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 6pm -2am