|Social Media Specialist|
Social Media Specialist
Company : Yorkville University
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
The same philosophy of personal attention that distinguishes Yorkville Education Company as a leading provider of post-secondary education makes us an exceptional place to work. We are a progressive and modern institution, responding to the needs of current and future students and implementing the best technology solutions to empower our work. We prioritize diversity, open doors to those often overlooked, welcome new Canadians, and provide pathways to successful careers.
Yorkville Education Company (which manages both Yorkville University and the Toronto Film School) began with a simple idea in 2004: offer flexible, rigorous, and career-focused degrees on campus and online to people who are on a purposeful path. With campuses in Ontario, British Columbia and New Brunswick, we equip our graduates with the professional knowledge, skills and designations that employers value.
Focused on providing a transformative, accessible and flexible higher education environment, our teams, from the President to the newest staff member, share a passion for learning, teaching, and growing as individuals and as teams. We nurture an inclusive, supportive, and genuinely kind work environment at our three campus locations and remotely.
If you want to shine a light on academic excellence, be empowered to make an impact on the transformation of the Canadian post-secondary education landscape, and work collaboratively beyond levels, join us.
Who we need
Yorkville University Toronto Film School (TFS) has a career-building opportunity for someone who wants the virtual keys to a range of social media platforms for an innovative higher education institution; with the presence, confidence, professionalism, and accountability to represent who we are and what we offer.
We are looking for an experienced Social Media Specialist to build and execute a vision and be part of one brand voice across all of our channels. You will create, schedule, publish, and optimize content on all platforms, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram, to grow our audience, expand our reach and build brand awareness. You will take a strategic marketing approach to social media, leveraging insights into how your deliverables and calendar fit into the overall communications and marketing strategy. Through innovation and imagination, you will fulfill our goals for measured and sustainable growth.
This is a hybrid opportunity, blending remote and onsite work.
What's in it for you
Influence, recognition, and impact. You are passionate about telling the right stories to the right people via the media and platforms they interact with. You want the freedom to bring big, unique ideas to life rapidly at a nimble, private institution where the executive support and funding exist to make things happen without the red tape. You want to align your background in social media strategy and brand engagement to work with stellar cross-functional teams to make a measurable impact on our ability to scale, attract new students, and foster interest in furthering their education and careers with us. You are looking for an influential, reputation-building role with strategic and creative deliverables focused on promoting and reaching students, staff, and leaders who are collectively disrupting traditional programming. Yorkville University is a progressive, forward-thinking academic institution. Joining us now is a genuine opportunity for builders who want to make a mark on education, work with academic and business leaders - experts in their fields, and have fun in a kind and rewarding environment with endless possibilities.
What you will focus on:
- Social media presence. You will lead, develop, and execute a multipronged social media strategy and associated calendar. You will create and promote stories of student, alumni, faculty and organizational success, news and content of interest to our various communities and stakeholders. You will analyze data and create reports on social media performance, presenting findings to management and recommending changes to elevate response to and success of future marketing campaigns and initiatives. You will stay up-to-date with emerging trends across all social platforms, ensuring demonstrable effectiveness.
- Community building. You will define and roll out a social media accountability policy. You will represent Yorkville University and Toronto Film School in your content posting, building community and reach, managing social listening, navigating conflict, and nurturing positive engagement resulting in measurable growth.
- Collaboration. You will build and nurture partnerships within Communications and Marketing to embed social media into the brand, marketing, and communications strategy and to analyze and respond to performance metrics. You will gain an understanding of the needs of - and nurture relationships with - faculty, staff, students, and senior leadership, including the President, across multiple campuses to gain insights and knowledge into our value proposition, offerings, culture, and reputation. You will roll up your sleeves, guide and oversee the work of the Communications and Community Coordinator, get into the weeds when you need to and demonstrate to your colleagues and the broader organization a 'can do' attitude that builds trust and respect.
- External partnerships. You will seek out network connections with vendors to learn more about the management tools and platforms available. You will research and propose solutions and work with internal leadership to evaluate bids and negotiate contracts.
What you bring:
- The background. You are a strategic storyteller and marketing campaign manager with a diploma or degree in marketing, publishing, communications, or a related field. You have 3+ years of experience managing social media platforms and creating content for controlled bursts or long-term, consecutive messaging. You are well-versed in current and future digital trends, best practices, and emerging technologies. You know where to find your targeted audience, how to attract their attention, and retain their interest. You are a critical thinker who can blend data-based insights with targeted creative content to build community, start conversations, and drive interaction, participation, and growth.
- The technical skills. Beyond the creativity and the collaboration, you know how to:
- Execute online marketing strategies for multiple marketing channels.
- Manage a social content calendar for a matrixed, multi-location brand.
- Set, meet and analyze relevant key performance metrics, pivoting your approach to capitalize on business growth opportunities.
- Deliver creative content (text, image and video) and apply technical expertise and artistic vision to select, edit, and optimize written, photo, and video content.
- Use a marketing management system such as Sprout or HootSuite.
- Test and play with the latest marketing management and social apps, identifying the problems they solve, the reach they provide, and any gaps.
- Interpersonal skills. You have exceptional communication skills with strengths in digital media messaging. Ideally, you are familiar with the messaging style at a higher education institution, but either way you are able to customize your approach to an evolving cohort of students, alumni, faculty, and leaders. You have a proven ability to thrive in a collaborative cross-functional team, confidently communicating with the President, Executive leaders, senior academics and administrators, faculty, and students. You can coach and manage a junior team member. You have an appreciation for diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds and an interest in continuous improvement and adopting recommendations from teams and colleagues.
What does the best of all worlds mean at Yorkville Education?
- An atmosphere that successfully blends an entrepreneurial culture with education. We value innovation and continuously look towards expanding our programming, working with the latest research, tools, and solutions. As a private school with government approval of our offerings, we have the opportunity to do more, stay current, and be future-forward.
- The chance to accelerate your career and disrupt education by responding to the needs you see and purposefully challenging the status quo. Everything we do here is about delighting and engaging our employees - and ultimately our students- from mentorship to teaching, from creative outlets to analytical ones.
- A place where all individuals feel welcomed in the academic and workplace environments and can bring their authentic selves to the educational and work spheres. We celebrate the full range of human diversity, and we acknowledge that equal access to opportunities and services may require the removal of barriers that equity-seeking communities experience in trying to obtain this access.
- The opportunity to grow with access to free courses, certifications, and programs - right up to our Masters' offerings.
- An appreciation for the insights and skills you bring to work with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including a wide breadth of wellness services, and a work-life balance.
We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, express your interest here.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at Yorkville Education Company and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
Yorkville University is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability, please notify Human Resources at 1-866- 467-0661 ext. 1236.