Company : City of Moncton / Ville de Moncton
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
A city that inspires
Working together to enhance the quality of life for all residents
Sustainability, Inclusivity, Innovation, Accountability, Excellence, Bilingualism
Codiac Transpo - Job # P1059
CLOSING DATE: NOON - AUGUST 12, 2022
The Service Person his work involves fueling, cleaning and maintenance of the buses and building. The appropriate license and ability to transport buses requiring assistance and parking the bus fleet is required. This position requires handling of cash for unloading and replacing fare boxes.
The position reports to the Supervisor, Fleet and Infrastructure.
APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must submit their application through an online system that can be found at www.moncton.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
For more information, please contact the Human Resources Department at
506-877-7707 or visit moncton.ca/careers for information on the hiring and application process at the City of Moncton.
WORKING AT THE CITY OF MONCTON:
Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the first officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain the city's reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play.
This position is a unionized position.
The City of Moncton offers an attractive salary and benefits package in accordance to the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 1290 Collective Agreement.
ATU Collective Agreement
City of Moncton Salary and Wage Scale
- Grade 12 graduate or equivalency
- Valid Class 2 Driver's License with Air Brakes
- Clean drivers abstract and police security check.
- There is a significant amount of walking required while on the job.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Fleet maintenance and cleaning duties require some work above shoulder height.
- WHMIS and forklift training will be provided by employer as needed.
- Must have a satisfactory knowledge of the operation and maintenance of buses.
- English is essential. The ability to communicate in French is an asset, but not a requirement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the safe operation of a public transit bus, including complete familiarization with its systems and safety features, traffic rules, regulations and laws.
- Ability to operate a bus in a safe and efficient manner and includes compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and standards.
- Ability to provide first aid assistance in the event of an accident would be an asset.
- Ability to operate and/or utilize all standard safety equipment installed in transit passenger vehicles, including: safety harnesses, restraints, and any other equipment.
- Must be certified in Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) within the probationary period.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated.