Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $45,618–$53,959 a year
Location : Manitoba
AS2 Assessment Officer 2
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Emergency Measures Organization, Emergency Management
Advertisement Number: 39637
Salary(s): AS2 $45,618.00 - $53,959.00 per year
Closing Date: September 15, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Manitoba Emergency Measures Organization (EMO) is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of emergency preparedness in the Province, and managing, directing and coordinating the response of all departments to a disaster or emergency, other than initial response and incident management at the site of the disaster or emergency. Disaster Financial Assistance (DFA) is basic assistance that may be made available to help restore essential property and infrastructure to a habitable and functional pre-disaster state when a widespread disaster strikes and creates unreasonable financial burden. Manitoba EMO administers DFA in accordance with the approved DFA policies and guidelines in effect at the time of the disaster.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing and able to travel for extended periods of time within Manitoba (Overnight accommodation and vehicle provided).
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Must be able to work in a high stress environment for extended hours.
- Must be able to work overtime and extended hours as required.
- Experience in one of the following areas: Building construction/inspection/assessment, agriculture (producer or inspector), and insurance broker, insurance claims management, or claims management.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to draft letters and email correspondence.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and answering requests for information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong Interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve or recommend alternate solutions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret, understand and apply legislation, policies, guidelines and regulations.
- Experience with Lotus Notes.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Disaster Financial Assistance, the Recovery Advisor works as a member of the Recovery Advisor Team to manage a portfolio of Disaster Financial Assistance (DFA) claims. Claim types managed by the Recovery Advisor may vary to include private sector and/or public sector claims. As interactions with the public and local authorities are a key function of this role, a diplomatic, professional and customer service-oriented communication style are required. The Recovery Advisor will reconcile claims and input data into Microsoft Excel and Lotus Notes. Maximum assistance amounts will be determined by the Recovery Advisor by reading, interpreting and applying legislation, policies, guidelines and regulations to a claim.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.