|Records Clerk I|
Records Clerk I
Company : City of Chilliwack
Salary : $28.26 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Records Clerk I (Casual) 2 Positions
The incumbent in this class assists management to achieve an efficient operation at the RCMP Detachment by providing reliable performance in all clerical duties, observing the sensitivity of the position and complying to all acceptable security practices and municipal policies.
The incumbent will be required to perform a variety of clerical, typing and receptionist duties requiring moderate complexity and responsibility. The incumbent will assist in maintaining up-to-date file records and cards and transposing of pertinent information from Court documents, fingerprints, etc., and card, recording all important data; match all incoming correspondence and/or reports to files and bring forward on a priority or as required basis. The incumbent will assist in maintaining accurate statistics required for Detachments and Headquarters, Ottawa; liaise with Court clerks to verify legal documents and proceedings; maintain occurrence log and ensure all files are accounted for; answer telephone and counter and CPIC enquiries for Members, other Detachments and public agencies pertaining to operational case records; operate CPIC and PIRS terminals for required entries and modifications, and assist with CPIC validation printouts. The incumbent will also be required to order necessary supplies for the records room only, through the Accounts clerk, and prepare file dockets for ready use daily in the radio room. The incumbent will be required to perform other related tasks as assigned. Assignments and responsibilities are performed under general supervision according to established routine and performance is subject to review, inspection and evaluation by the Supervisor.
Commercial program supplemented by formal training in clerical and receptionist courses - OR the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Good knowledge of modern business office practices and procedures;
- Ability to perform clerical and receptionist assignments with minimal supervision;
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment including the CPIC machine;
- Able to be polite, courteous and tactful in dealing with the public and be neat and presentable in appearance;
- Able to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with RCMP Members and other members of staff;
- General knowledge and ability in typing;
- Able to qualify for and maintain the required security clearance for the position.
$28.26 (2022 Rate)
2022-08-12 04:30 PM
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $28.26 per hour