|Operations Custodial Specialist|
Operations Custodial Specialist
Company : The City of Red Deer
Salary : $34.01–$35.80 an hour
Location : Alberta
Ensure patrons facility-related needs are being met by supervising operations/custodial staff in the performance of facility use preparations, custodial and security tasks.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Completion of a recognized certificate in facility operations and or applicable courses offered by the Alberta Assc. of Recreation Facility Personnel.
- Two years experience performing similar works in a like facility with similar staff and building maintenance components, preferably in a recreation environment.
- Completion of a Standard First Aid and Heart Saver, C.P.R. course as well as W.H.M.I.S.
- Knowledge of the requirements of various sporting and other activities performed in each facility.
- Alberta driver's license is required.
- Ability to perform general "handyman" duties and to operate and use various power and hand tools.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate inventory and facility use records, and to perform basic arithmetic calculations both manually and on computer.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with Supervisor, staff, facility users, and the public.
- Ability to exert moderate physical effort.
- Ability to act quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
- Ability to respond courteously to complaints and deal with inappropriate behavior.
- Ability to work weekends and shift work hours.
Affiliation: CUPE, Local 417
Hours of Work: 80 hours biweekly, Monday to Friday. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
The City of Red Deer’s COVID-19 Immunization Policy is currently suspended and may be re-implemented if the hazard level and situation warrants it. For more information, please refer to The City’s COVID-19 Immunization Policy 222-CA https://thebridge.reddeer.ca/media/the-bridge/city-departments/legislative-services/policies-and-procedures/corporate-policies/2000/2224-CA-COVID-19-Immunization.pdf