|elementary school teacher|
elementary school teacher
Company : Fort McMurray Montessori Foundation
Salary : $52,577–$65,721 a year
Location : Alberta
- Private school
- Urban area
- Provide tutoring assistance
- Supervise teaching assistants and train student teachers
- Assign and correct homework
- Develop course content
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and school officials
- Identify childrens' individual learning needs
- Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Participate in staff meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Prepare subject material for presentation according to an approved curriculum
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Teach students using lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Emergency child care first aid and CPR
- Membership in a provincial or territorial teachers' association or federation
- Provincial or Territorial Teaching Certificate
Security and Safety
- Child abuse registry check
- Child welfare check
- Confidential security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Drug test
- Enhanced reliability security clearance
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Fast-paced environment
- Large workload
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Large caseload
- Client focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Other benefits
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Team building opportunities