|Associate (Senior Consultant) - Corporate Finance|
Associate (Senior Consultant) - Corporate Finance
Company : KPMG
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
KPMG Corporate Finance Inc. is the Ontario Securities Commission regulated entity through which KPMG LLP's investment banking services are provided in Canada. KPMG's Corporate Finance services are principally comprised of merger, acquisition and divestiture advisory services and financing services including raising debt and equity capital.
We offer independent financial advisory and investment banking services to both private and public companies. Acting independently of financing sources, we provide clients with pure, objective advice, focusing on strategies that can help meet corporate objectives. We have an extensive international network of over 2,600 corporate finance professionals working from 160 offices in 86 countries thus providing KPMG Corporate Finance with a broad local reach and established contacts.
For more information click here.
Our Vancouver Corporate Finance business is an established high performing practice with a successful track record that spans over 30 years. We work closely with our national and global colleagues to bring industry expertise and deal insights to the benefit of each client transaction. Our daily focus is on excellence in deal delivery and client service; a mission that is underpinned by an unwavering commitment to the development, mentorship and support of our team.
As an experienced Associate in our Corporate Finance team you will provide a broad range of support to our deal teams in executing merger, acquisition, divestiture and capital advisory mandates. You will have significant opportunities for personal and professional growth, and to accelerate your career as far as you are willing to take it.
- Assist with preparation of transaction documents such as pitches, teasers, confidential information memoranda, and management presentations;
- Prepare detailed analysis of historical and projected financial performance;
- Build sophisticated financial, operating, and valuation models to support decision making;
- Identify potential acquisition targets, purchasers, and investors and their respective acquisition rationale;
- Conduct market and industry research, benchmarking analysis, and data compilation projects in order to provide relevant information to clients and deal teams;
- Communicate directly with a variety of parties including clients, other advisors, and transaction counterparties;
- Assist with proactive business development and deal initiation activities; and
- At times, business needs arise, and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the responsibilities of their role; likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach is flexible and accommodative.
What you bring to this role:
- 2 to 4 years of experience in investment banking, corporate finance, corporate development, private equity, venture capital, or similar roles;
- An undergraduate degree in finance, commerce, business, accounting, economics, or other related fields;
- Completion of or progression towards a professional designation (CPA, CFA, and/or CBV) would be considered an asset but is not a prerequisite;
- Proven track record of success demonstrated through outstanding academic achievement and excellent performance reviews in previous professional roles; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and other financial analysis and research tools (Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Pitchbook, ThomsonOne, Factiva, IBIS World, Statista, etc.)
Keys to your success:
Desire to learn quickly and make meaningful contributions to teams in a fast-paced and challenging work environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas concisely;
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work effectively in team settings, eager to participate in business development opportunities and initiatives;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision while producing impeccable deliverables; and
- Capability to take initiative while managing numerous projects simultaneously and willingness to coach and mentor Analysts.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected]