|Accounting Clerk (Properties)|
Accounting Clerk (Properties)
Company : Peterson Group
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
We are looking for a full-time Accounting Clerk to join Peterson’s property accounting team in Downtown Vancouver. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring up-to-date financial records with the timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments.
The ideal candidate is someone who is detail oriented and a proactive multi-tasker with a strong accounting background. We are looking for someone who thrives in an autonomous deadline driven environment and likes to tackle tasks with a curious mindset. This position will suit someone who is looking to start their accounting career and is passionate to learn and gain experience in a private real estate company.
- Ensuring invoices are reviewed and verified for accuracy and approval before processing for payment;
- Ensuring payables and receivables are approved for posting and correctly coded and dated;
- Ensuring timely collection of all rents (monthly rents, percentage rent, and percentage in lieu amounts);
- Creating invoices for any tenant chargebacks on a monthly basis;
- Posting of deposits into Yardi to each tenant account and processing cheques;
- Working with the commercial and residential accounting teams to ensure consistent AR flow;
- Reporting AR collection status to the Property Managers and collaborating on appropriate tenant communication material;
- Promptly depositing cheques, doing bank runs, and booking receipts to ensure ledger is updated in a timely manner; and
- Providing general administrative support to the accounting department including photocopying, filing, sorting, organizing, and retrieving data and documents as requested; and
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date journals, ledgers, and other records detailing financial transactions and supporting documentation.
What You Bring
- Completion of College diploma or certificate in Accounting;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel;
- 1 year experience working in a professional office environment;
- Experience providing accurate and timely AP/AR functions is an asset;
- Understanding and experience with Yardi an asset;
- Highly organized and detailed in performing their duties;
- Efficient and effective time management, demonstrating ability to meet deadlines while producing quality and accurate work;
- Demonstrates the ability to learn quickly and multi-task priorities; and
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, to develop positive professional relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay and great benefits. While we thank all candidates for their interest in joining our team, we will contact only those short-listed for an interview. Please note only Microsoft Word documents or PDF’s will be accepted. Submit your application through our online career centre.