|Sr. Maintenance Supervisor|
Sr. Maintenance Supervisor
Company : Bimbo Bakeries USA
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
Sr. Maintenance Supervisor
Employment Type: Regular
Bimbo Canada is a market leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread, bakery and snacking products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Stonemill,® McGavins,® Orowheat®, Vachon® and Takis®. The company operates 16 bakeries and employs approximately 4,200 associates across Canada. Bimbo Canada pursues the goal of creating value by being at the forefront of manufacturing and service delivery innovation in the baking industry through the continued improvement and refinement of its supply chain network. Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and food service operations across Canada with a robust offering of both branded and private label products.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for maintenance of all production equipment, operation and maintenance of utility services and building facilities
- Have ability to create and develop relationships, which will enable them to influence and effect change through others
- Be an integral member of the Plant’s Management team that provides strategic direction to the approximately 13 associates.
- Research new equipment and technology to enable the Plant to operate in an extremely competitive environment.
- Strong involvement in the initiation, development and installation of capital projects/initiatives to improve associate safety, product quality, productivity and plant efficiencies.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction programs through new methods.
- Minimize production downtime by ensuring the maintenance staff is properly scheduled, trained, equipped and motivated while ensuring associate safety.
- Promote associate safety and ensure overall compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Promote associate compliance to GMPs and all related food safety practice
- Manage all mechanical contracted services (refrigeration, electrical, construction)
- Manage a preventative maintenance program
- Implement improvement programs and projects
- Assist to produce capital request, develop and manage a capital plan budget
- Administer weekly departmental budget spending responsibilities; report and address any discrepancies
- Schedule and monitor all installations, equipment reliability work and PSSRs
- Conduct PSR’s on new or used equipment
- Develop, lead and coach associates through effective training and communication
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA
- At least 5 years’ maintenance experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment (preferably in a food manufacturing plant) with a proven track record in outstanding results within their scope of responsibility
- At least 5 years’ progressive maintenance/manufacturing/supervisory experience
- Possesses sound knowledge of troubleshooting, adjusting or repairing equipment, including PLCs
- Working knowledge of Maximo or other preventative maintenance software
- Certification as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) would be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline) or Engineering Technologist degree
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and Excel
- Experience with food processing, CFIA and HACCP would be an asset
- Ability to maintain composure while managing pressure
- Aptitude and interest for learning while demonstrating leadership in a progressive work environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to delegate and hold people accountable for results/satisfactory completion of tasks
- Effective team building skills
- Demonstrated bias for action
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective presentation skills, both formally and informally
- Demonstrated ability to strive for results
- Available to work flexible shifts to ensure accountability for all necessary maintenance troubleshooting
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow GMPs, Food Safety and Health and Safety requirements
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity, equity and belonging in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Bimbo Canada Accessibility at [email protected]