Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $70,584–$89,686 a year
Location : Manitoba
MB3 Management Analyst 3
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Major Projects Branch and Projects Management Branch, Infrastructure, Capital Projects Division
Advertisement Number: 39372
Salary(s): MB3 $70,584.00 - $89,686.00 per year
Closing Date: August 3, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
Note: Candidate must submit a cover letter and resume clearly indicating how they meet the full qualifications of the position.
The Major Projects branch is responsible for the successful and timely delivery of high-priority, large scale, high-value and high-risk capital projects. Major Projects provides project management for the department’s major capital program including coordination, schedule and financial management, and general oversight of project deliverables including procurement of regulatory approvals, land acquisition, engineering design, and construction.
The Projects Management branch is responsible for the successful and timely delivery of capital projects from project inception through contract closeout. This branch is responsible for the coordination/scheduling, administration, oversight and project management of the department’s capital program including the delivery of engineering design, construction management, right-of-way, and financial management.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to travel overnight several times per year.
- Must have a valid Class 5.0 driver's licence.
- Completion of a post secondary education or diploma in a related field such as project management, engineering, architecture and business administration. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Extensive experience in the field of project management, including design and construction, contract management and managing interdisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of project management and demonstrated ability to apply that knowledge to the assigned project.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze policies and programs to determine feasibility, cost-effectiveness, consistency with established policy and recommend alternatives in finished form.
- Experience with Project Management software including project scheduling.
- Excellent consultation, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage opportunities for innovation, find creative solutions to issues, and successfully manage change.
- Strong planning, research and analytical skills to identify and integrate relevant information into action plans.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet competing deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; demonstrated fluency, clarity, organization of thought processes; expresses ideas effectively; listens to understand.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong written communication skills to prepare complex technical documents for a variety of audiences, including senior officials and project stakeholders.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading project planning sessions, managing project progress, overseeing all incoming and outgoing documentation, and conducting project reviews and creating detailed reports for senior/executive managers.
Specific spending and employing authorities of the position are delegated by the DFSA of Manitoba Infrastructure.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.