Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $5,366–$7,014 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 30855
Ministry: Justice & Solicitor General
Full or Part-Time: 3 Full Time Positions
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Regular/Temporary: Temporary (4 Years)
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: August 1, 2022
Classification: Subsidiary 02B 3625 Program Services 4 Market Adjustment
Are you interested in supporting the Resolution Services Management team in promoting and ensuring quality in the provision of services across the province?
You are responsible to play a key role in the ongoing quality improvement processes of the branch, including system reporting, service reviews, issue analysis, and program development. Support program areas with coordination of digital system maintenance and staff training. Lead special projects and initiatives that set practice and program direction.
- Program procedures and processes are developed and maintained to support service delivery excellence.
- Service delivery areas are supported to engage in ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Special projects and initiatives are coordinated and successfully completed.
- The Resolution Services leadership team is supported in leading the unit to achieve branch and ministry goals.
Two positions will focus on professional assessment and support practice development for mediation and court counsellor staff. This will initially focus on family violence initiatives, including updating parenting education courses and creating a practice framework.
One of the positions will focus on digital innovation and modernization efforts that focus on access to justice and court diversion initiatives. This includes current and future Justice Digital projects and the ongoing enhancement of Resolution Services’ client data management system.
- Assess competing priorities, mediate differing perspectives and arrive at win-win situations for all parties. Example: Required when supporting program areas to solve complex service delivery challenges.
- Support and adhere to operational goals and meet project timelines. Example: Required to effectively support multiple program development and information technology projects simultaneously.
- Identify information requirements and develop effective strategies for addressing these requirements. Example: Required when completing program reporting and applying the results to ongoing quality improvement processes.
- Build effective working relationships with individuals who possess different perspectives and represent diverse agendas. Example: Required to participate in multi-disciplinary project teams, and to support these teams to successfully complete project goals.
- Facilitate planning, consensus building, and decision-making processes. Example: Required when collaborating with working groups to identify issues, set goals, and develop work plans.
Bachelor of Social Work or related university degree and 3 years related experience.
Equivalency: Masters of Social Work and 1 year related experience; OR related diploma and 5 years related experience; OR related certificate and 6 years related experience.
- Extensive awareness of civil and family court procedures and legislation.
- In depth knowledge of information technology development and implementation processes.
- Advanced knowledge of family dynamics and functioning, risk and needs assessment practices, and specialized knowledge in the area of family violence.
- Experience with formal research, writing, and knowledge transfer activities that support service delivery.
- Experience with program policy and procedure development.
- Experience supporting and training staff to develop professional practice skills in a human services setting.
- Fluency in English/French
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans, and the foundation for our talent management programs, including hiring decisions. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
In this role, you will contribute to our team by demonstrating the following behavioral competencies:
AGILITY: Success in this position will require the Program Advisor to navigate a complex service delivery environment comprising multiple partner organizations each managing diverse and competing priorities when delivering on specific project goals, requiring proactive anticipation of roadblocks and future challenges, identifying alternatives and options to overcome issues as they arise, and having the ability to manage uncertainty.
SYSTEMS THINKING: Success in this position will require the Program Advisor to synthesize information from service delivery reporting to inform ongoing quality improvement activities. Considering risks and benefits, as well as potential impacts and efficiencies, is necessary for the creation of effective program procedures.
BUILD COLLABORATIVE ENVIRONMENTS: Success in this position will require the Program Advisor to work with various partners within a complex service delivery environment. Their primary contacts will be with Resolution Services program teams, but they will also engage with colleagues in CJS and other divisions, the judiciary, Service Alberta, Court Technology Services, and contracted information technology vendors as required.
CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING: Success in this position will require the Program Advisor to regularly work in situations which are unstructured and complex. Additionally, they must support the development of innovative solutions, and ensure effective and timely delivery of project deliverables to achieve anticipated outcomes and benefits.
$2,683.10 to $3,507.06 bi-weekly.
($70,028 - $91,534 per year)
This is a temporary full-time position for up to four (4) years and located in Edmonton or Calgary.
Calgary Location: Calgary Courts Centre 601 - 5 St SW Calgary, AB T2P 5P7
Edmonton Location: John E. Brownlee Bld. 10365 97 St Edmonton, AB T5J 3W7
We are hiring 3 Program Advisors.
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Instructions for your Resume:
- Digital Innovation (1 position)
- Practice Development (2 positions)
- Please specify your major and length of program
- Please indicate duration of employment (month, year).
- Please specify employment status (ie. Casual, full time, etc.).
**Final candidates will be required to undergo a security screening.
Links and information on what the GoA has to offer to prospective employees.
- Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Tips for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
The Court of Appeal of Alberta, the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta, and the Provincial Court of Alberta (the Courts) each have a proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. The Courts’ COVID Vaccination Policy requires all staff to be fully vaccinated to access courtrooms and court workplaces in the Alberta courthouses effective November 1, 2021.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, please contact Kristen Dobri at [email protected]
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check